Turn on thread page Beta

Russians watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yes we know that their is rising racist sentiments in Russia.
    That's really all we have to agree on. I don't quite understand why everyone loves the "OH YEAH?! Well, it happens in the UK/US/etc. too! So HA!" rhetoric - we weren't talking about skinheads in the UK. We were talking about Russia. Focus on that part for now. The occurrence of similar situations elsewhere doesn't make it any better in Russia. Everyone knows it could happen anywhere, however, that's beside the point

As for what they're losing with athletes - me mentioning American hospitality wasn't merely coincidental. When you have athletes of that calibre training at your rink (tennis club, football club, ballet studio, you name it), regardless of their country origin, you're setting yourself up for financial success. They bring prestige to the athletic training level of the rink/club/country, which, in turn, attracts money and even more prestige. It's a never-ending cycle, which is why America, for instance, issues visas for athletes in a heartbeat - they need that prestige, they care about their schools. Following through with an ethnic cleansing scheme appears to be more important than cultivating prestigious sports traditions, interestingly enough. This is a severe case of the Head Up Own Arse syndrome - they're often too narrow-minded to understand this.

ReputationRep:
    ethnic cleansing schemes? wow..looks like were worse than Nazi germany now :rolleyes:

wait..whats this..my mum just got Russian mail and theres a yellow star their with some needles..i wonder why ..

what you are saying is true to an extent..but Russian athletics is already developed..i think Russian athletes are going to do much more for the growth of interest in the sport..ps..what big money? are you saying they are going to hire them to train americans? i dont want that!..we must keep the winning techniques to ourselves! gold medals belong to us only .

but in a way..yes..its sad that so many russian athletes + scientists etc are going to USA because they pay more..i wish our gov paid them more so that russian athletes could stay in Russia and then win gold medals for russia and not america

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    really :confused: guess ill have to brush up on my views on Georgians. didnt know i wasnt being anti-Russian by not being anti-Georgian

and where do i say its justified? i dont. im just responding that Russia wasnt loosing an athlete by not letting her train :confused:

ps and dont compare me to georgians who send nearly everything they earn back to Georgia. we actually invested several millions in the UK economy and are keeping them here for the near future unlike some people who go to work in other countries and then send everything back to their home country.
    Now you're apparently superior to Georgians. Unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    well..i never said so but its always nice to get compliments i guess :roll:

but seriously..this is getting tiring.

are we even arguing about something specific?

ask me a question/present an opinion which i can answer because i dont even rember how all of this started :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    well..i never said so but its always nice to get compliments i guess :roll:

but seriously..this is getting tiring.

are we even arguing about something specific?

ask me a question/present an opinion which i can answer because i dont even rember how all of this started :s
    We're arguing about your racist attitude, and you don't even notice it. You've already insulted all Tajiks and Georgians. Would you like to insult any other nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    We're arguing about your racist attitude, and you don't even notice it. You've already insulted all Tajiks and Georgians. Would you like to insult any other nation?
    Well, there is the Kazakhs but after Borat that would be so passe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    well if you think i have a racist attitude thats fine with me.

honestly im not gonna bother convincing ppl on the internet on such matters. words are easily misinterpreted, exaggerated and taken wrongly. but yes..i hope all georgians in the world die...even though i actually have some georgian blood myself..oops :confused: :rolleyes:

in regards to georgians..i think this is a simple case of me misinterpreting your question and answering it slightly wrongly..i thought you asked me in what way are the georgians who are going to work and live and study in Russia diffrent from me? so i answered in an economic sense..in that they are always sending the money back to their homeland whilst im injecting it in (well..my family)...but i hope were the same in the sense that we dont hate the nation we are currently living..but i guess theres little chance of that..im sure most georgians are hating our guts for one reason or another :roll:

and Tajiks were just an example of some of the people..i could just as easily have said Georgians (or Azerbajanis)...just Tajiks are easily to spell (as proven by my misspelling of Azerbajans (sp?) ppl)...

and i dont advocate racism..all i was saying that its not a Russian mentality..its mainly committed by skinheads..the majority arent racist..and the police arent exactly the role models for children that they used to be.

oh and of course i mentioned that Russia doesnt lose anything by not allowing a Georgian to train in Russia..which obviosly means i want Georgian genocide.

ReputationRep:
    trust me russian people are quite arrogant and it is in there mentality to consider themselves more superior to other non-russians in russia

ReputationRep:
    that being based on your "visit" to Moscow where no one smiled at you when you went shopping.

ps newbie i dont know how you acted in Russia..but unless you act like a total ****..most people would be willing to help you with anything even if they dont know you.

ive always helped someone way or another during my stay in Russia..whether its helping to start someones car on the street by pushing it with my friend..or walking like 30 mins of course to help a grandma get her heavy shopping bags home instead of just going home..or always giving something to the ones who really need it..whenever asked i always give atleast 100 rubles to those grandmas who sit round the church next to our home..or who are scattered along the streets where i shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    that being based on your "visit" to Moscow where no one smiled at you when you went shopping.

ps newbie i dont know how you acted in Russia..but unless you act like a total ****..most people would be willing to help you with anything even if they dont know you.

ive always helped someone way or another during my stay in Russia..whether its helping to start someones car on the street by pushing it with my friend..or walking like 30 mins of course to help a grandma get her heavy shopping bags home instead of just going home..or always giving something to the ones who really need it..whenever asked i always give atleast 100 rubles to those grandmas who sit round the church next to our home..or who are scattered along the streets where i shop.
    I used to give money to the poor grandmas too, except in my case not 100 roubles but 5 roubles, my bus allowance, and then I'd walk home in -35 degrees. :p:

Agree with everything you've said. Maybe Newbie will clarify exactly how long he/she spent in Russia?

(Original post by newbie17)
    trust me russian people are quite arrogant and it is in there mentality to consider themselves more superior to other non-russians in russia
    How did you come up with that? Did you [again] judge the whole nation based on what politicians do? Or on the actions of the groups of the extremists in Moscow?

I can see where you are coming from. At the moment the majority of non-Russians in Russia [at least in Siberia] are working on the construction sites or sell fruit and veg in "bazars". I would be sursprised to see a non-Russian (in a very strict ethnical sense) working in a supermarket or a bank. It has been like this for ages and it's not governments initiative. It's just historically Russians (80% of the population) took the dominant position in the country called Rus'/USSR/Russia whatever, and other nations found their "nisha". That's why their social status is considered lower than the social status of Russians, like town people used to have higher status than peasants. I was growing up I saw most adult non-Russians doing unqualified jobs and it seemed normal to me. It still does. Yet I have absolutely no problem with Georgians (since you've all touched upon this nationality)) and when I see one I have no negative feelings whatsoever (unlike with people who haven't lived in Russia historically like the Chinese etc). I think they have every right to live in Russia. I certainly don't "consider myself superior to non-Russians" in a general sense; in Russia, however, I have a higher social status. In Georgia? Georgians do. In Kazakhstan, Kazakh people are dominant - you have to fill in all the forms in their native language which is not easy for Russians. In Britain, a Georgian and I have equal social positions. In Russia, we don't. In Georgia, we wouldn't have equal social positions and equal opportunities either. That's how it works. Birtiths "equal opportunities", "true multinationalism" and "multiculturalism" don't work anyway, and I doubt you'll ever convince any nation that some other nation is as important as them in their country (the American Dream shows us it's not possible).

ReputationRep:
    yes i should stop giving 100 rubles out. not only does it thin my wallet v.quickly it also gets a bit freaky.

several times the grandmas grabbed onto my sleeve and began saying how they will prayer for me all year long (asking my name prior to this)..gets a bit weird..especially in a crowded street.

and yea..true..ive never seen non-Russians working somewhere over than food bazaars..probably because they are the ones who ship it over (drive it over) and are just part of the business so its only natural.

ps spent todays busride listening to Lyube..god how i love it...always feel like singing along lol ...Daavai za nix davai za nas...u za desant u za spetnaz...lol

ReputationRep:
    I like it that you call them "grandmas" rather than "old ladies", you are truly Russian my friend :yy:

After discussing Lybe with you I've decided to download some of their most famous songs, a couple are fully downloaded by now Yay! Some of my favourites are "Ti nesi menja reka" and "Tam za tumanami"

ReputationRep:
    omg i love Ti nesi menya reka!

so emotional!

just out of interest..where are you downloading them from?

PM me plz

ReputationRep:
    Tanya..did you try to add me on msn several minutes ago? sorry my connection was screwed up and i couldnt answer

edit: nvm..i think i know who it was..some one whos contact i deleted.

ReputationRep:
    Typical Russian rudeness. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand it though!

seriously..sometimes my connection just doesnt reconnect..im forced to switch of my modem..switch it back on..then if that doesnt work..take out the lan cable and put it back in..and then manually disconnect and reconnect to the wireless network.,

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that happens Wasn't me though. Why, do you have your MSN in your profile? *looks* I'll add you now if you don't mind :p:

P.S. You're 17! Lol din't realise.

ReputationRep:
    Privet everyone!!! AND omg Dima Bilan!!! :eek: I LOVE HIM!!!!!! I love his songs!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Privet! You're not the only one

"Ja znaju tochno nevozmozhnoe vozmozhno!" I swear on the recording on my phone I am louder than Dima (probably because I was much much closer to my phone :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Whats everyones opinion on Philip Kirkorov?!

Is he a gay icon? Every Russian smiles when they ask me which Russian artists i know and i say his name!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.