who has the most hideous work uniform? Watch

Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Surprised nobody has suggested TGI Friday's yet.. It's hideous.
buttons7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Surprised nobody has suggested TGI Friday's yet.. It's hideous.
good point. that's another one of those 'match the uniform with the decor' ones, isn't it?
Manatee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've always thought that the uniforms worn by Disney Store employees are truly hideous. :eek:
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nasty blue polyester umbro shorts and a red, blue and white polo shirt for my sports shop job, if it's cold we can wear an umbro jumper over the top :puke:

For the bar I get my own black trousers and a black smirnoff shirt which is quite unflattering but this Saturday we're all dressing up in green and yellow (the colours of Norwich) cos it's the first day of the football season
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by buttons7)
lol, cool. well it's bad in that it's worse than mine (which, currently, consists of an orange shoelace that i have to wear around my neck. plus normal clothes, obviously).
My uniform is officially changing. Yay! I can wear all black now.
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh and in my current job I wear black trousers and a horse poo green t-shirt.Yum.

We aren't allowed any jewellery or "Make Poverty History" bands,which basically takes away all our individuality.

We are supposed to tie our hair up once it's long enough but I'm saying that I have too many layers and it won't go up,lol.
buttons7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smiley_Me)
hehe, gdgd!

hearing about all these uniforms really does make me love my job more. i actually get to dress up as a pirate next week! and a caveman two weeks later!

although a couple of weeks ago i had to pretend to be professor trelawney(mad old bint) from harry potter. which wasn't so good.
natcho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe, gdgd!

hearing about all these uniforms really does make me love my job more. i actually get to dress up as a pirate next week! and a caveman two weeks later!

although a couple of weeks ago i had to pretend to be professor trelawney(mad old bint) from harry potter. which wasn't so good.

whats your job?
Thommo
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Smiley_Me)
I work for m&s too. The new uniform is pretty awful, but at least its black. I work in foods so we get given these fleece things and theyre made out of stuff thats pure like wetsuit material! Underwater turkey anyone?
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
standard waistcoat and white serving gloves. you wouldn't bop down the street in it, but if i turned up to serve food in a 5* hotel wearing jeans and a hoody (god forbid), i'd probably feel immeasurably more stupid.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe, gdgd!

That sounds like so much fun! We dressed up for St Georges day as knights (with helmets etc) and we had a guy in a dragon costume collecting glasses lol.
xlouisedoll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've seen people in a fish and chip shop who have to wear white flannel-y trousers, with vegetables and fruit on them. Very off-putting!
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Thommo)
I work for m&s too. The new uniform is pretty awful, but at least its black. I work in foods so we get given these fleece things and theyre made out of stuff thats pure like wetsuit material! Underwater turkey anyone?
You're right about the fleeces.

I'm not getting anything in that horrible natural colour and I will have to get my trousers unfinished as the longest leg length they do is 31 inches.
buttons7
Rep:
?
(Original post by smeets)
whats your job?
i'm a (part-time) bookseller at ottakar's. actually, i've got me a wee little badge to go on my orange shoelace that says i'm a children's bookseller, now. oh the excitement. even better, on the other side of my badge i've got a thing saying 'ask me about our loyalty scheme.' so my uniform is evolving!

(Original post by twiga)
That sounds like so much fun! We dressed up for St Georges day as knights (with helmets etc) and we had a guy in a dragon costume collecting glasses lol.
it is fun! i'm quite sad and i actually really love my job. i spend all day surrounded by books, talking about books, helping people find good books. and then i get to dress up and run around like a loon! (best part of working on the floor with kids' books on!). we have activity days for children with loads of arts and crafts stuff (like 'make a wizard's hat!'), and i get to facepaint, so it's a pretty cool job. oooh, dressing up as knights sounds like fun. where do you work?
classy_bird
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One word....Homebase. Add the Homebase branded combats, hideously large (even if your feet are tiny) safety boots, homebase t-shirt and if it's a bit nippy you can wear the homebase sweatshirt that comes in Large, Very Large and OMG How do you even move you're so Large!

People were ace though...lol
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by classy_bird)
One word....Homebase. Add the Homebase branded combats, hideously large (even if your feet are tiny) safety boots, homebase t-shirt and if it's a bit nippy you can wear the homebase sweatshirt that comes in Large, Very Large and OMG How do you even move you're so Large!

People were ace though...lol
Hehe my flatmate works there, he has some beautiful Orange sweatshirts.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mine at clarks is ok at the moment but its been truly hideous in the past and keeps changing I've had:

bright orange shirt, cream trousers (the worst)
a really minging green shirt and the same cream trousers
denim shirt and navy skirt (my fav)
and now they'ev gone for the all black look and ive got black hair so i look like a total goth
buttons7
Rep:
?
perhaps one day employers will realise that what looks good on signs doesn#t necessarily look good on people.
fonzievision
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My friend is a pit trader at the NYSE. He has a horrible green and yellow striped blazer.
.:fluff:.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mines not too bad, have blue track suit bottoms with a small red and white stripe down the side with www.jjb.co.uk written on the pocket, and a blue nylon type t-shirt with JJB STAFF written un huge letters across the back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads