Turn on thread page Beta

who has the most hideous work uniform? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    easy jet i feel for them....really i do...

ReputationRep:
    We've had homebase on here but not B&Q. hehe. woot for the orange apron and black and orange shirts. :top:

However having said that, they do allow us to wear whatever trousers we want as long as they are a plain colour.
    I wore my plain purple trousers. They didn't seem to see the funny side in it though.

ReputationRep:
    a bright blue jacket with search team on it, when i steward at cricket matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setite)
    We've had homebase on here but not B&Q. hehe. woot for the orange apron and black and orange shirts. :top:

However having said that, they do allow us to wear whatever trousers we want as long as they are a plain colour.
    I wore my plain purple trousers. They didn't seem to see the funny side in it though.
    I work at B&Q too, there's definitely something to be said about those orange aprons lol...but at least I can wear jeans and trainers

ReputationRep:
    I thought my bright purple debenhams shirt was bad until I read this thread! It's quite comfy but all their sizes are so damn big- it looks like a tent on me!

ReputationRep:
    Mines quite good! Any (within reason) trousers and a polo shirt of my choice.

ReputationRep:
    hilton, canary yellow shirt, and blue trousers, and a blue waistcoat.

ReputationRep:
    For my part time job on grocery, I have to wear a awful patterned blouse, looks like a load of circles, a tabard type of apron. (My Manager insteads hay we wear these) on when we do frozen and other dirty asiles) I do frozen all the time. Trousers, and a bodywarmer jacket. The worst thing is that we have to wear our tabards over our bodywarmers!!!

ReputationRep:
    Black long sleeved shirt and black trousers. I hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa rogers)
    For my part time job on grocery, I have to wear a awful patterned blouse, looks like a load of circles, a tabard type of apron. (My Manager insteads hay we wear these) on when we do frozen and other dirty asiles) I do frozen all the time. Trousers, and a bodywarmer jacket. The worst thing is that we have to wear our tabards over our bodywarmers!!!
    The shirts are awful, the trousers don't fit and everyone looks like curtains. My mum threatened to buy me a bodywarmer for Christmas, I will not wear one. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Navy blue sport-type polo shirt with a green band and orange stripe over one shoulder. Navy blue polyester skirt that tapers from HUGE at the waist to restrictive at the knees.

Somerthing different, eh. :gag:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I feel bad for all of you guys. Are there no jobs where you just get to wear normal clothes?? I work at American Eagle and I get to wear whatever I like as long as I have the "all-American look". Do even the people who work in reatail have to wear uniforms?

ReputationRep:
    Thomas Cook airport transfer uniform.
    I guess when you think about it, checked orange isn't all THAT bad, but add the orange-tastic tans and you've got yourself a fabulously clashing work uniform. Enough to let tourists take one look and get on the next flight back home :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and now all staff including supervisors have to wear an apron or a tabard. They arrived in huge boxes today and we had to pick!!! Customers have complained about the state of our uniforms!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a choice with the hideous skirt. What if you wanted to wear trousers instead, would they object?

(Original post by Smiley_Me)
    I wear a navy blue pinstripe suit type thing, with a skirt and blazer (with shoulder pads, eurgh). Then I get to wear a mint green blouse which is a really awful material I must say. Oh and I work for M&S.

ReputationRep:
    We have wonderfully fetching red and white striped t-shirts (in an icky material) for ent's staff (black n white for noobs) at the Union, and fluorescent jackets if on the door.

At my holiday job we wear trousers with a green fleece/jumper/fleecy waistcoat and then walking boots/wellies dependent on the water level.

I have to say that the fetching pink lycra worn by the members of the T-mobile cycling team look nice (since I supose that is kinda counted as a uniform?)

ReputationRep:
    WHSmith uniform. Bright purple shirt (with orange checks... God knows what they were on when they designed that!) and the most unflattering black skirt you could think of- clingy and waist-high (everything thinks the skirt's too small for them at first because it sits so high on your body...!) . With a lining which likes to twist round independently of the skirt... Still, better than the trousers; I don't think they could have designed a more unflattering shape!

Still, could be worse. Could be, as people have mentioned, Homebase or TGIs!

ReputationRep:
    I work in Sainsbury's - Blue and navy blue Polo shirt which aint too bad but the boob high trousers, which just don't quite meet my shoes, are awful! I also have a stylish neon orange fleece....yeah baby.

ReputationRep:
    My mum works in Asda, and has to wear the green top, and either the blue bubble waistcoat or a green fleece with Asda on the back, this is the worst uniform I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thommo)
    Underwater turkey anyone?
    *Raises hand* If it's edible..that's all I need. :p:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.