Turn on thread page Beta

who has the most hideous work uniform? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At least your uniform isn't an ill fitting skirt which comes up to half way up your stomach and half down your calves.. makes your hips look HUGE and is falling to pieces. Also i don't suit the red top which looks like a p.e top i used to wear in high school.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.tomboy-films.co.uk/conten...ir7/Greggs.jpg

That's my uniform

ReputationRep:
    Fri/Sat - Tartan shirt, blue jeans, black shoes (covered in beer/vodka).
    Sun - Anything 70's

ReputationRep:
    i currently work in a bar, that's just a black t shirt and jeans and trainers, quite cool

before that i worked at homebase. green/orange tops, and black combats (luckily i was employed just after they phased out the bright green combats )

before that i worked at domino's, so that was khaki trousers, with a khaki dominos-branded belt, a blue and red dominos branded polo shirt, and a khaki dominos branded baseball cap. oh, and a bright red apron. worst. uniform. evAr.

before that i was at boots, which was just black trousers, white long sleeved shirt and a weird blue-patterned tie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnight_tiptoe)
    http://www.tomboy-films.co.uk/conten...ir7/Greggs.jpg

That's my uniform
    Oh Mine is very similar since I work for Greggs but only I get the orange polo shirt instead...

ReputationRep:
    Bright green homebase uniform wiv XXL polo shirt nd 42"trousers( im a 32"). Oh yea, and dnt 4gt the name badge tht has sum1 elses name on it.

ReputationRep:
    I work in Boots and we have to wear a white nurses type top with blue edging and buttons down the front. its a horrible polyester thing which is too long and tight to move around in and being pure white its soooo hard to keep cleen, after a while it jst looks grubby and stained. we do get these black tabards to wear on top but there are never enough and we're only allowed to wear them for certain jobs and they've got the cheak to give us into trouble if we dont look spick'n'span! :mad: We do get to wear black trousers now though but it used to be an awful ankle-length stripey skirt in the same polyester material. Anyone else work in Boots and detest the uniform? I heard were getting new ones soon so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    i work in a coffee shop and have to wear a yellow collared polo shirt except then ontop i have to wear this big kind of apron/tunic thing which is in a shade of green similar to that found in those bottles of poster paint

ReputationRep:
    i think that those uniforms you may have to wear while advertising for a fast food restaurant are the most stupid ones,i mean those animal costumes...and u have to permanantly dodge fists hitting you..i mean who wouldn't want to punch someone dressed up in a huge chicken costume...

ReputationRep:
    Marks and spencer's uniform sucks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty)
    I hate my uniform. I work for Morrison's on the tills and I have to wear these horrible, horrible school-like type trouser, blouse, this horrible bow thing and a tabbard. I hate it. >_<

my friend works for morrison, it makes me wana thorw up there uniform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitbob)
    I work in Boots and we have to wear a white nurses type top with blue edging and buttons down the front. its a horrible polyester thing which is too long and tight to move around in and being pure white its soooo hard to keep cleen, after a while it jst looks grubby and stained. we do get these black tabards to wear on top but there are never enough and we're only allowed to wear them for certain jobs and they've got the cheak to give us into trouble if we dont look spick'n'span! :mad: We do get to wear black trousers now though but it used to be an awful ankle-length stripey skirt in the same polyester material. Anyone else work in Boots and detest the uniform? I heard were getting new ones soon so fingers crossed.
    Why not just ask a manager to order some more tabards. I work at Waitrose and we have all got a tabard each!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa rogers)
    Why not just ask a manager to order some more tabards. I work at Waitrose and we have all got a tabard each!!!!
    i could ask for more tabards but we're only allowed to wear them in the back shop for sorting deliveries and packing trolleys and not when we're on the floor stacking shelves/cleaning or on check outs which can be jst as dirty jobs. Another problem is name badges 'must be visible at all times' and its a hastle to keep switching it over every time you put on or take off a tabard.

Presumably if you get a tabard each, its part of your own uniform and u are expected to wear it at all times. At Boots its jst an extra which your not allowed to wear all the time.

ReputationRep:
    My local boots wear their tabards on the shopfloor as well as out the back!!!

i could ask for more tabards but we're only allowed to wear them in the back shop for sorting deliveries and packing trolleys and not when we're on the floor stacking shelves/cleaning or on check outs which can be jst as dirty jobs. Another problem is name badges 'must be visible at all times' and its a hastle to keep switching it over every time you put on or take off a tabard.

Presumably if you get a tabard each, its part of your own uniform and u are expected to wear it at all times. At Boots its jst an extra which your not allowed to wear all the time.

ReputationRep:
    We have been told we can only wear them at certain times (never on the shopfloor) and that this was company policy. Does everyone in your local Boots wear them all the time? Perhaps they have a different uniform from us altogether. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Work at monsoon - £100 clothing allowance pcm

ReputationRep:
    We have been told we can only wear them at certain times (never on the shopfloor) and that this was company policy. Does everyone in your local Boots wear them all the time? Perhaps they have a different uniform from us altogether. :confused:
    Nope they wear the same uniform as you and they seem to wear them on the shopfloor, tills, cleaning, stacking shelfs. They should provide you with the correct ppe to do the job cleaning could damage your uniform so therefore they should let you wear a tabard to protect your uniform.

ReputationRep:
    I work in a boots in sw london and we have to wear our tabards all the time our manager insteds on it...

ReputationRep:
    Morrisons is horrible! I worked on FFPP (chilled foods eg yoghurts for anybody not in the know) and we had to wear a shirt, tie, and a tabard thing which surely there is no need for. Grrr, pleased I left...

ReputationRep:
    i work at morrisons on the checkouts! its not that bad really tho!! haha! ok if we dint av2 wear the bow it wud b ok-ish!! haha! i used to work at Ethel Austins and that wasnt much better either, it was a nice blue shirt type thingy that u cud c thru!lol! i lived with it tho, u just av2 i s'pose! lol! btw i want a bright red hat2go with my uniform at morrisons, we'v got a firework stand at the mo & they get this really cool sexy red hat - wheres mine????lol!! :confused: oooh has anyone seen r jackets?? now ther not nice! but they do keep u warm wen ppl stick u on a checkout rite near freezers!! haha!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.