Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked my uniform When you're a cleaner you only have to wear a tabard over your normal clothes.

*clears throat gently*

Or if you're me... you loose the tabard... conveniently... and forget to buy a new one. Then you get yelled at and threatened to be fired by your supervisor. Which means that when you see her coming, you hide.

ReputationRep:
    ^Haha.

My previous jobs were at a tea room where the uniform was just black trousers/white top with trainers, and at a vets where I wore, uhh, anything I wanted within reason. But now I'm applying to work at M&S and the uniform is eurgh

ReputationRep:
    Clintons uniform is horrible! It looks like a carpet, and the jumper is horrible and itchy lol! But I spose it could be worse...

ReputationRep:
    i like the McDonalds uniform. you dont have the iron the shirt, its like ironless, when you wash it,. it falls out all nice and neat.

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree with Lucky_8 Clintons uniform is awful - looks like a kids scribbled all over blouse, refuse to wear jumper its so itchy

ReputationRep:
    I work at mcdonalds, and i actually quite like our uniforms. Just a black polo neck shirt with this grey bit down the side - i would genuinely wear it out if it wasnt my work uniform and didnt have "M - I'm lovin' it!" on the side.

Oh, but here's the kicker. They come in 3 sizes - small, medium and large, unisex. I'm 6ft5. It looks like a freaking vest on me. Our manager in charge of uniform is ordering me and a few other tall people bigger ones soon, but i look like such a muppet.

ReputationRep:
    Co-op, come on - blue spotted shirt with blue spotted tabard - tasty!

ReputationRep:
    Nursing agency: navy trousers +white tunic. I always try to get myself shifts on learning disability/psychiatric units so that I can avoid wearing an uniform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xebby)
    Co-op, come on - blue spotted shirt with blue spotted tabard - tasty!
    Not as bad as Waitrose, patterned tunic, and green and white striped tabard!!! (Which we have to wear at all times including when the store is closed).

ReputationRep:
    god im glad my uniform is normal (no offence to you all lol)

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how mine compares to everyone else but I think my specsavers uniform is pretty bad!

The top is an ugly, poorly made light purple blouse thing that itches like hell. I'm sure its specially designed to be boiling in summer and freezing during winter! Its made from a dodgey fabric, that creases like mad, stains easily.... especially the uh, underarms! (lovely!)
    Not to mention the horrible HORRIBLE grey trousers that just feel horrible! and the really horrible jacket!
    I don't have a jacket but it was freezing on saturday, so I had to wear a size 12 (im nearer size 6!) and it was like down to my knees! (though at least i was fairly warm!)

ReputationRep:
    the debenhams trousers are bad enough not many ppl wear them tho, they come up past your belly button area and they make you look a bit like a very strange tea pot, not that you can ever look like a normal teapot...

ReputationRep:
    Ha !! and you all thought yours was bad.......
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Is that you - Christmas Santa girly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karina)
    Ha !! and you all thought yours was bad.......
    That is a really pretty outfit!

I work as a bus guide with British tourists that come to meet Father Christmas here in Lapland. I have the most hideous elf costume ever. I've seen and worn lots of different elf costumes and this is definitely the worst one. And I have to wear really big overalls under the elf costume because we can be working in -20 C temperature for hours... I look HUGE in my costume. And I have to wear the costume for 15 hours shifts and the customers can not see me without my costume even for a moment.

Anyway, I'm not there to look pretty, I'm there to guide and help the tourists.

I'll post pics of my costume later!

ReputationRep:
    Morrisons uniform can be a pain in the rear. I would love to do something that could allow me to dress up

ReputationRep:
    Well, I work in the dining room of a conference centre and my uniform is:

* A black DRESS with white things round the collar part and arms... the skirt part comes down past my knees and the boob part is far too big on one of mine as its a 34 1/2 inch, and I'm only 32 so I look really really flat chested...
    * Black tabard
    * Black cardigan which has a lovely picture of my work building and the name.
    * When we are serving food we have to take our cardigans and tabards off and put on an oh so lovely white apron and white serving gloves.

The guys get to wear sweatshirts over their shirts with the company logo which makes them look like grandads, and bow ties when we are serving. I'd like to work anywhere that would allow me to wear trousers ... all my friends think I look like a victorian servant.

ReputationRep:
    im a temp at M&S so i just have my own black trousers and black polo shirt. im really hoping after christmas i can just keep it without them noticing i need a green shirt!!1

ReputationRep:
    eww pea green teashirt and pea green jumper with a differant shade of pea green gilet!!!

bleugghhhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a hospital cleaner and my uniform is navy trousers, a dark green smock with navy stripes and black flat shoes. I also note that the way the smock curves gives me 2 feet wide hips.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.