Turn on thread page Beta

Sleeping positions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

Just wondering...which sleeping positions are the best as I suffer from backache.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    in bed

ReputationRep:
    People with bad backs are supposed to be best on a flat, hard surface. I heard it helps to have the knees raised a bit too because otherwise it can get uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I find the best way to get rid of an bad back is to go an a very old bus (Magic Bus for anybody in Manchester) it always seems to help. The terrible ride seems to put everything back to place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I find the best way to get rid of an bad back is to go an a very old bus (Magic Bus for anybody in Manchester) it always seems to help. The terrible ride seems to put everything back to place.
    Magic Bus?

What the hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wigman15)
    Hey!!

Just wondering...which sleeping positions are the best as I suffer from backache.

Thanks

I suggest this:

Lie on your side, with side of face against pillow. Have legs raised up towards your head slightly (the position you'd take if you were sitting in a chair, but lieing down). And place a pillow between your legs so that your hips aren't as swivelled, this may be what gives you backache.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try that..thanks.

I normally sleep on my front (on my stomach). I was told by a friend that this is one of the worst positions...is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Magic Buses are stagecoache's student buses. They are very old mostly from the early 80's. They are pretty much the oldest buses in running in Manchester now.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ewm/ic14/41tnm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'll try that..thanks.

I normally sleep on my front (on my stomach). I was told by a friend that this is one of the worst positions...is this true?

yes, as far as I know this is not at all good.

ReputationRep:
    try sleepin on the floor for at least a week, with a duvet (not blanket) in between you and the floor. and a duvet on top of you.

it does wonders!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I will definitely try it once Xmas is over.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

Thanks
    any as long as long as your back is not straight

ReputationRep:
    You should be more concerned about the way that you sit instead of the way you sleep.

ReputationRep:
    try to keep your spine straight at all times be it sleeping, sitting or anything (even walking). try some easy exercises/physio like lying flat on your back and lifting both your feet to a small height and slowly descending. that is what i was prescribed with when i had a sore back.

better consult a physio and ask for some simple rules.

GK1

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.