This discussion is closed.
wigman15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey!!

Just wondering...which sleeping positions are the best as I suffer from backache.

Thanks
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in bed
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
People with bad backs are supposed to be best on a flat, hard surface. I heard it helps to have the knees raised a bit too because otherwise it can get uncomfortable.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I find the best way to get rid of an bad back is to go an a very old bus (Magic Bus for anybody in Manchester) it always seems to help. The terrible ride seems to put everything back to place.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I find the best way to get rid of an bad back is to go an a very old bus (Magic Bus for anybody in Manchester) it always seems to help. The terrible ride seems to put everything back to place.
Magic Bus?

What the hell...
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wigman15)
Hey!!

Just wondering...which sleeping positions are the best as I suffer from backache.

Thanks

I suggest this:

Lie on your side, with side of face against pillow. Have legs raised up towards your head slightly (the position you'd take if you were sitting in a chair, but lieing down). And place a pillow between your legs so that your hips aren't as swivelled, this may be what gives you backache.
wigman15
Rep:
?
I'll try that..thanks.

I normally sleep on my front (on my stomach). I was told by a friend that this is one of the worst positions...is this true?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Magic Buses are stagecoache's student buses. They are very old mostly from the early 80's. They are pretty much the oldest buses in running in Manchester now.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ewm/ic14/41tnm.jpg
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll try that..thanks.

I normally sleep on my front (on my stomach). I was told by a friend that this is one of the worst positions...is this true?

yes, as far as I know this is not at all good.
caius
Report 16 years ago
try sleepin on the floor for at least a week, with a duvet (not blanket) in between you and the floor. and a duvet on top of you.

it does wonders!
wigman15
Rep:
?
Thanks. I will definitely try it once Xmas is over.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey!!

Thanks
any as long as long as your back is not straight
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should be more concerned about the way that you sit instead of the way you sleep.
GK1
Report 16 years ago
try to keep your spine straight at all times be it sleeping, sitting or anything (even walking). try some easy exercises/physio like lying flat on your back and lifting both your feet to a small height and slowly descending. that is what i was prescribed with when i had a sore back.

better consult a physio and ask for some simple rules.

GK1
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (156)
45.48%
Take exams next summer (52)
15.16%
Change uni choice through clearing (81)
23.62%
Apply to uni next year instead (38)
11.08%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.66%

Watched Threads