Turn on thread page Beta

If Michelle can win how come Javine can't watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Now first, this is no disrespect to michelle because she is quite a good singer.
    But it is a wonder with all the controversy concerning her weight and whether she will be able to PERFORM LIVE as well as sing that she could win such a contest. Everyone know's it was a sympathy vote. Everyone also knows that image is everything in music, I mean how many record companies would be desperate to sign her up before the whole pop idol thing.

:confused: So how is it that someone with the right image and a good voice can not win.......and yeah I'm talking about Javine. Could it be because she's got an ounce of black in her

ReputationRep:
    It won't be racist. Duh.

Just personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    It won't be racist. Duh.

racism is why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKYE)
    Now first, this is no disrespect to michelle because she is quite a good singer.
    But it is a wonder with all the controversy concerning her weight and whether she will be able to PERFORM LIVE as well as sing that she could win such a contest. Everyone know's it was a sympathy vote. Everyone also knows that image is everything in music, I mean how many record companies would be desperate to sign her up before the whole pop idol thing.

:confused: So how is it that someone with the right image and a good voice can not win.......and yeah I'm talking about Javine. Could it be because she's got an ounce of black in her
    who on earth is javine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    It won't be racist. Duh.

Ok, Ok

I am not trying to play the race card, just stating the facts

ReputationRep:
    All the judges loved Javine and they were saying "Oh she's definetely gonna win she's brilliant" a bit too much, so every individual thought they'd be wasting their money by voting for her bcuz shes so good shes probably going to get lots of other votes- so she ended up losing.
    As for Michelle, there's only so much you can do with sympathy, I wonder if we'll still remember her in a couple years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    All the judges loved Javine and they were saying "Oh she's definetely gonna win she's brilliant" a bit too much, so every individual thought they'd be wasting their money by voting for her bcuz shes so good shes probably going to get lots of other votes- so she ended up losing.
    As for Michelle, there's only so much you can do with sympathy, I wonder if we'll still remember her in a couple years.
    who is javine? sorry am i missing something?

what show is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    who is javine? sorry am i missing something?

what show is this?
    JAVINE WAS ONE OF THE CONTESTANTS WHO GOT KNOCKED OUT IN LAST YEARS 'POP STARS THE RIVALS' TV SERIES

ReputationRep:
    Michelle and Mark were not even that great at singing, there was so many better people. Also, the name of the programme is pop IDOL, who would want to idolise someone who is obese..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKYE)
    JAVINE WAS ONE OF THE CONTESTANTS WHO GOT KNOCKED OUT IN LAST YEARS 'POP STARS THE RIVALS' TV SERIES
    Calm down!

Is she the same Javine that released some really crap single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Michelle and Mark were not even that great at singing, there was so many better people. Also, the name of the programme is pop IDOL, who would want to idolise someone who is obese..
    Lmao.

Idolising obesity. Whatever next?

Only in America... but it's not America, it's here! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    superb quote.

ROXANNE AND SAM WERE THE BEST 2 "POP IDOLS" - VERY GOOD SINGERS AND THEY WERE NICE PEOPLE WHO LOOKED THE PART ASWELL.

SIMON SAID "I THOUGHT ROXANNE OR SAM...."
    NICKI SAID "ROXANNE OR SAM"
    FOXY SAID "ROXANNE OR SAM"
    PETE SAID "ROXANNE OR SAM"

CLEARLY, THESE 2 WERE THE BEST POP IDOL'S, POSSIBLY ALONG WITH ANDY SCOTT LEE AS THE DARK HORSE.

MARK R IS A CRAP SINGER, HAS ANY1 ACTUALLY WATCHED HIM? HE SOUNDS TERRIBLE, LIKE A "DECENT KARAOKE SINGER" - FOXY SAID THE SAME THING 3 WEEKS IN A ROW "CABARET" IS THE TERM HE USED.

AS FOR MICHELLE, OK, GOOD VOICE, BUT COME ON, AN OBESE PERSON BEING A POP IDOL? WORLDS GOING INSANE.

ReputationRep:
    pop idol is crap. The people on pop idol are also quite crap. I mean, Gareth Gates and Will Young really made it big didnt they? :rolleyes: dont think so..

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I am wrong but when it comes to weight, the "sympathy vote" didn't win it for Rick Waller, did it?

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I don't even rate Michelle's voice - it's very nasal and the single's crap.

Pop Idol should be run over the radio - the best singer would then win with no prejudice and it would be really funny when we finally get to see them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Correct me if I am wrong but when it comes to weight, the "sympathy vote" didn't win it for Rick Waller, did it?
    No it didn't.

And Rik Waller still got signed up hoping there would be "sympathy buyers" but there weren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Aye but he was an arrogant **** and we could all see that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    I have to say I don't even rate Michelle's voice - it's very nasal and the single's crap.

Pop Idol should be run over the radio - the best singer would then win with no prejudice and it would be really funny when we finally get to see them!
    That's a good idea actually because people just want the best looking or person they have sympathy for to win.

I mean, who cares if they're fat, if they sound good when we switch the radio on then what's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Aye but he was an arrogant **** and we could all see that!

Who is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    There's plenty of her to remember!! She isnt that good either.

Javine was quality but doesn't she have a single out now anyway?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.