Turn on thread page Beta

If Michelle can win how come Javine can't watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    I have to say I don't even rate Michelle's voice - it's very nasal and the single's crap.

Pop Idol should be run over the radio - the best singer would then win with no prejudice and it would be really funny when we finally get to see them!
    pop idol should be stopped altogether! its a load of shite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Who is he?
    Fat guy off Pop Idol 1. Rik Waller.

(Original post by young_free)
    Javine was quality but doesn't she have a single out now anyway?
    yes but its ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    yeeeeeeeeee

DETH 2 POP IDOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)

I second that. It was good at the beginning when you could laugh at all the crap ones, but when the serious competition started I really couldn't be bothered to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    I second that. It was good at the beginning when you could laugh at all the crap ones, but when the serious competition started I really couldn't be bothered to watch it.
    exactly,it ticks me off. I feel like bashin' my tv screen when it comes on. Arghh

ReputationRep:
    Well we're in the clear unless they decide to have yet another series. :rolleyes:

My mum has spent about 15quid on voting over the weeks. I say spent.. perhaps wasted would be a more appropriate term. And to think this money could have been spent on me. Makes me sick!

ReputationRep:
    Well we're in the clear unless they decide to have yet another series. :rolleyes:

My mum has spent about 15quid on voting over the weeks. I say spent.. perhaps wasted would be a more appropriate term. And to think this money could have been spent on me. Makes me sick!
    LOL,oh my lord! she actually voted? my dad voted once and i stopped him after that! aww imagine that 15quid being spent on you...oh well, didnt happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    exactly,it ticks me off. I feel like bashin' my tv screen when it comes on. Arghh
    Ive never really watched it apart from the final for the last two seasons.

I think the world idol show that is scheduled for some time over christmas will be interesting. Aparently Simon Cowell has said to Will Young that there is no point turning up because he is so much better than anyone else who will be taking part. Despite this, Kelly Clarkson, the American winner, is still favourite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Ive never really watched it apart from the final for the last two seasons.

I think the world idol show that is scheduled for some time over christmas will be interesting. Aparently Simon Cowell has said to Will Young that there is no point turning up because he is so much better than anyone else who will be taking part. Despite this, Kelly Clarkson, the American winner, is still favourite.
    Kelly Clarkson? she was in the american one? jeez i think shes an alright singer man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    LOL,oh my lord! she actually voted? my dad voted once and i stopped him after that! aww imagine that 15quid being spent on you...oh well, didnt happen

Yeh, she's weird like that. The money would have been wasted on me anyway because I don't want or need anything.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to pick on fat people again but it is unhealthy to be fat and its not something that people should think its ok to be. Young kids will see Michelle and think well she's fat and she's a pop star so if I'm fat its OK. Its very unhealthy and people should be discouraged from being like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, she's weird like that. The money would have been wasted on me anyway because I don't want or need anything.
    you dont want or need anything? there are so many thing i want! i cant even remember all of them. Im sure you want something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    Sorry to pick on fat people again but it is unhealthy to be fat and its not something that people should think its ok to be. Young kids will see Michelle and think well she's fat and she's a pop star so if I'm fat its OK. Its very unhealthy and people should be discouraged from being like that.

I don't think there is a single person on the face of this planet who wants to look like Michelle. If they did then they must be wired up wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    you dont want or need anything? there are so many thing i want! i cant even remember all of them. Im sure you want something?

The only things I wan't money can't buy. But I spose there is a book or two I'm after.

ReputationRep:
    i definitely agree. well said.

ReputationRep:
    im sure young kids know that looking fat will not only make them unhealthy but they'll also know that not many people find Michelle 'attractive'. Most people have said that they dont like her because of her weight...

ReputationRep:
    The only things I wan't money can't buy. But I spose there is a book or two I'm after.
    Get the entire Danielle Steel collection, her books are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKYE)
    Now first, this is no disrespect to michelle because she is quite a good singer.
    But it is a wonder with all the controversy concerning her weight and whether she will be able to PERFORM LIVE as well as sing that she could win such a contest. Everyone know's it was a sympathy vote. Everyone also knows that image is everything in music, I mean how many record companies would be desperate to sign her up before the whole pop idol thing.

:confused: So how is it that someone with the right image and a good voice can not win.......and yeah I'm talking about Javine. Could it be because she's got an ounce of black in her
    javine, im guessing s/he was on pop idol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Get the entire Danielle Steel collection, her books are amazing!

I don't know. I'm not a great fan of ficticious books, but I have heard of her. She writes romance doesn't she. If I read that people would thing I'm gay. Have you read one called unanswered prayer- I saw that in the shops the other day and was going to buy it for my mum.... then I saw someone I knew and wasn't prepared to face the repercutions or immediate humiliation. So I didn't! And...

...OH SHITE, I HAVN'T WRAPPED A SINGLE CHRISTMAS PRESENT. F**K!

Do people tend to mind if you don't wrap them because I can't be bothered? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm not a great fan of ficticious books, but I have heard of her. She writes romance doesn't she. If I read that people would thing I'm gay. Have you read one called unanswered prayer- I saw that in the shops the other day and was going to buy it for my mum.... then I saw someone I knew and wasn't prepared to face the repercutions or immediate humiliation. So I didn't! And...

...OH SHITE, I HAVN'T WRAPPED A SINGLE CHRISTMAS PRESENT. F**K!

Do people tend to mind if you don't wrap them because I can't be bothered? :eek:
    i hate romance books.Yes everyone wraps chrimbo presents

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.