But I don't know how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    But I don't know how.
    me neither i got my uncle to do mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    me neither i got my uncle to do mine

Well my mum wrapped most of mine but I can't really ask her to wrap her own. And my sister is skiing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm not a great fan of ficticious books, but I have heard of her. She writes romance doesn't she. If I read that people would thing I'm gay. Have you read one called unanswered prayer- I saw that in the shops the other day and was going to buy it for my mum.... then I saw someone I knew and wasn't prepared to face the repercutions or immediate humiliation. So I didn't! And...

...OH SHITE, I HAVN'T WRAPPED A SINGLE CHRISTMAS PRESENT. F**K!

Do people tend to mind if you don't wrap them because I can't be bothered? :eek:
    haww you haven't wrapped any??? wrap them!! i haven't read that one,they arent all about romance. I think her best book is called Malice,i cried so much whilst reading that book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    haww you haven't wrapped any??? wrap them!! i haven't read that one,they arent all about romance. I think her best book is called Malice,i cried so much whilst reading that book!

Right.. it's not about romance but you still cried. It must be about something soppy, then. Anyway, I got to go and eat so i might come back later.

ReputationRep:
    Well my mum wrapped most of mine but I can't really ask her to wrap her own. And my sister is skiing.
    WERE HAS SHE GONE FOR SKIING? (sorry about caps)

ReputationRep:
    Right.. it's not about romance but you still cried. It must be about something soppy, then. Anyway, I got to go and eat so i might come back later.
    nooooo dont leave! ok fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    nooooo dont leave! ok fine.
    im still here

ReputationRep:
    im still here
    yayyy eric is here to save the dayy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    yayyy eric is here to save the dayy :rolleyes:
    Eric is indian

ReputationRep:
    WERE HAS SHE GONE FOR SKIING? (sorry about caps)

Kitzbuhel alps in austria, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    Eric is indian
    yeah so? the point your trying to make is what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    yeah so? the point your trying to make is what?
    that he is indian

ReputationRep:
    that he is indian
    whats that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAH! I thought this was supposed to be a parody of a very similiar titled Oxbridge thread.

ReputationRep:
    Michelle is an absolutely fantastic singer. There's something about the way she does it, it's so emotional, and it really gets to me... That's what a singer is about to me, not whether they can hit a bunch of notes or not.

You say she's not a pop idol because she's overweight... Well what is an idol? What does an idol look like? Something most kids watch on MTV, getting slowly more depressed because they can't look like their "idol"? A stick-thin (probably unhealthily underweight) mediocre singer - a vision of 'perfection' that will raise yet another generation of image-obssessed anorexic teenagers? Shouldn't the underdog be the idol? Someone who you THOUGHT couldn't be something good because of a disadvantage but did it anyway? Like she said, everyone thought she couldn't do it and she did. Pull your head out your arse, there's more to life than image. You've got five senses, use them ALL.

Michelle has a personality fit to be of an idols, and the voice to match. I know I would buy her album, and I have the sense to ignore stereotypes and focus on the MUSIC, which is what the MUSIC industry should be about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKYE)
    Now first, this is no disrespect to michelle because she is quite a good singer.
    But it is a wonder with all the controversy concerning her weight and whether she will be able to PERFORM LIVE as well as sing that she could win such a contest. Everyone know's it was a sympathy vote. Everyone also knows that image is everything in music, I mean how many record companies would be desperate to sign her up before the whole pop idol thing.

:confused: So how is it that someone with the right image and a good voice can not win.......and yeah I'm talking about Javine. Could it be because she's got an ounce of black in her
    oh please get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    oh please get a life.
    irony coming from a 30 year old who has the highest post count on uk-learning.

ReputationRep:
    irony coming from a 30 year old who has the highest post count on uk-learning.
    no, it was my post. whos this 30yr old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    no, it was my post. whos this 30yr old?
    I beleive the pig didn't agree with your opinion, and hence slandered you as a 30 year old.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.