are u gettin anything for ur gcses? Watch

This discussion is closed.
.x.g.x.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
is ne1 gettin like money for each grade.. e.g 100 quid for every A.. etc.?
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OMG I wish lol. The only thing Im getting is £5 from my maths teacher if I get my target grade (it's a deal he made with the whole class) I'm hoping if I do well though, my parents will feel the need to treat me! But they kind of expect me to do well, which means whenever I do do well, they don't show much recognition
chazzinio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my prize will be stayiing at my present skool if i get good grades
leannemarie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got £100 but that wasn't promised, it was a spur of the moment thing. I made my nan cry because I'd been looking after her when I was doing my GCSEs. Bless!
Cb.Incus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure. Not really fussed. I'll be happy with the satisfaction of receiving good results and attending a major wreckfest party afterwards, if that isn't too much to ask for.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no. the grades are for me and my future, not for my parents.
.x.g.x.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
practically every1 at my skool iz gettin something. i fink i deserve a treat after all my hard work!! haha
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
OMG I wish lol. The only thing Im getting is £5 from my maths teacher if I get my target grade (it's a deal he made with the whole class)
Exact grade? Or can you get higher?
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got £50 from my great-nan, £15 from one of my grandads and my parents took me out for a meal. They didn't tell me about it beforehand though.
leannemarie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by leannemann)
I got £100 but that wasn't promised, it was a spur of the moment thing. I made my nan cry because I'd been looking after her when I was doing my GCSEs. Bless!
And a nice romantic holiday with my bf! Although easter's holiday was a relaxation one and then back to this summer's one which will hopefully be celebrating again!
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my friend is getting 200 pound for each A dat he gets.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
According to my parents "GCSEs are for your own future. Not mine." I don't even get to eat out.
xlouisedoll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think I get £10 per A, or atleast that was the promise made after the mocks.
leannemarie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rico dan man)
my friend is getting 200 pound for each A dat he gets.
WOAH :eek:
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my mate is getting £120 for every A*, £100 for every A, andnothing below, becuase he shouldnt be gettin anyhting below lol.

humble old me however, from my mom i am getting
(Original post by My Mom)
'the satisfication that my hard work paid off',
wonder how much i can get on ebay for that

however my aunty has offered me the chance to go to holland for that week on bank holiday monday with her, but only if i get really grades, if i dont i cant go, so i suppose thats something eh.
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm getting a piano stool. Woo!
mfb3000
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No cash for me... If I get straight As and A*s then I get an mp3 player. Of my choice
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
my mate is getting £120 for every A*, £100 for every A, andnothing below, becuase he shouldnt be gettin anyhting below lol.
Wow, your friend's parents must be rich! If my parents had done that I would have got £720!
sheepgirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nothing! I'l probably just get a well done and thats it. I wish my parents made more of a deal about it - after all it was 2 years of hard work!
kinza75
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My parents are like...oh you will get an A easily, they dont appreciate that i did actually work for it so nothing probably
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1015)
79.11%
Leave (268)
20.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed