Turn on thread page Beta

which book series did you used to love as a kidl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I liked Goosebumps books and a series called the Cafe Club. Thinking back, they were pretty terrible! When I was a lot younger, Beatrix Potter books were ace. I had a little collection of 12 of them in a little case. Roald Dahl books are still amazing to this day! I miss all my old books!

ReputationRep:
    Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton were my favorites!

Who can forget goosebumps?

ReputationRep:
    Enid Blyton: Noddy, Famous Five, Secret Seven
    Nancy Drew
    Hardy Boys

ReputationRep:
    Ive got hardy boys, tom clancys net force, goose bumps.. and i read nancy drew books...

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm, I loved books so much....Sweet Valley, Nancy Drew, Famous Five, Secret Seven, Babysitter's Club, a really cheesy series about ballet dancers called Scrambled Legs *cringes*, another one called Spy Kids or something, Fearless...I've missed something out...

ReputationRep:
    oo, Cafe club too! and one called Swiss Chalet, I think, about another girl's school. Spiffing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catty)
    oo, Cafe club too! and one called Swiss Chalet, I think, about another girl's school. Spiffing!
    Ahh, the Chalet School books... I had loads of them, they were good although sometimes went a bit over the top with the whole 'good christian' thing.

I read one or two cafe club books as well

ReputationRep:
    sweet valley were my absolute faves, started out on the s.v kids series when i was litlle, then moved onto the twins, high, uni etc. i was obsessed with them. also loved narnia books, read a good bit of judy blume, also one or 2 of saddles club, babysitters club, chalet school, famous fives, secert seven. one of my other fav series was the Tom Mc Caughren fox books, Run Wild Run Free and Run Swift, and the others books too

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger, I loved the books by Roald Darl! I had "The Magic Finger", "Fantastic Mr Fox", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Matilda", "The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me", "Revolting Rhymes" and "The Twits".
    I also loved the "Jill" series, which were horsey books. I never read them all, but they have them in my school library, so sometimes if I'm bored, I read them again!
    I also liked "The Silver Brumby" series, and the Enid Blyton "Naughty Amelia Jane" series.

ReputationRep:
    the ones with biff and chip in!!!

ReputationRep:
    I adored Roald Dahl. God knows how many times i re-read James and the Giant Peach.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I used to love Malory Towers and St Clares so much, I had a minor obsession when I was younger! I also used to really like Anne of Green Gables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Jen~)
    Ahh, the Chalet School books... I had loads of them, they were good although sometimes went a bit over the top with the whole 'good christian' thing.

I read one or two cafe club books as well
    Oh yeaaaaaaaahh...chalet school...I completely forgot about that one too!

ReputationRep:
    Nancy Drew (read all 50+)
    Berenstain Bears
    Roald Dahl

ReputationRep:
    Loved Tintin & Asterix too...
    I used to compulsively buy Famous Five, Hardy Boys, Nancy drew & Tintin until I was around 19.... though I didn't actually read them after 15 or so. It finally became a hobby. But now, I don't find these around in bookshops that often.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love the Drina series about a girl who wanted to be a ballerina. The first five were republished in the US when I was just the right age. Dahl...also, sigh. His stuff's wonderful.

Do the BSC books seem horribly dated now? Weirdly American?

ReputationRep:
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but does anybody else remember the Animal Ark series??? I read so many, we have two shelves full of them. All of my friends were obcessed with Goosebumps as well! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Was Animal Ark the one with the vets' daughter, possibly called Mandy? I read one about a sheepdog, set at Christmas, where they thought she was worrying the sheep and would have to put down.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love the Roald Dahl and Goosebumps series when I was a kid. Although the Goosebumps series used to give me the creeps! Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    the ones with biff and chip in!!!
    i may be completely wrong but where they the characters in learn to read books who ate brain food and lived in space?
    im probably wrong..but i used to love those books when i was learning to read!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.