?
Report 13 years ago
all i wanted to read was dr.seuss books
Shumie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I read Goosebumps, Chronicles of Narnia, Famous Five books, the Harry Potter series started when i was 10 and i regularly still consider myself to be a child so they count, and i also read lots of Beatrix Potter, and Ladybird non-fiction books because i was a geeky kid, i'm indian so my mum bought me the indian comics with fables in, and i read the Hans Christian Andersen storybooks too, i read so much when i was little, i wish i'd kept it up
rainy_skye
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Madelyn)
Was Animal Ark the one with the vets' daughter, possibly called Mandy? I read one about a sheepdog, set at Christmas, where they thought she was worrying the sheep and would have to put down.
i loved the animal ark books - lol i had the one you are talking about when i was about 10 - this is so shameful but it borught tears to my eyes lol - aww i was only 10 bless!
gemby!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i used to read the redwall series by brian jaques

it was about talking animals !!!!!!!!

esp. cute mice *awww*
Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Alice in Wonderland, The chronicles of Narnia( obvious christian propaganda, but, what the hell), Roald Dahl, Fairy/ folk tales and mythology, Malorie Blackman, Judy Blume( The freckle one)Nonsense poetry, Owl and the pussy cat, the quangle wangles hat etc. The Hobbit and to my eternal shame Enid Blyton, although to my credit, I never understood why George was so keen to be a boy and thought Julian was a self-righteous... . Can anyone else believe that they actually ate cows tongue?
fleur-de-lis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
Alice in Wonderland, The chronicles of Narnia( obvious christian propaganda, but, what the hell), Roald Dahl, Fairy/ folk tales and mythology, Malorie Blackman, Judy Blume( The freckle one)Nonsense poetry, Owl and the pussy cat, the quangle wangles hat etc. The Hobbit and to my eternal shame Enid Blyton, although to my credit, I never understood why George was so keen to be a boy and thought Julian was a self-righteous... . Can anyone else believe that they actually ate cows tongue?
I was often angry at Julian!
AMathStudent
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I still have most of the books I read as a kid. I used to love the famous five books. I was so like George! Also read those Brian Jacques ones, but didn't really like them just refused to quit before the end. I loved the Animals of Farthing Wood books, and all the Roald Dahl ones. And Alice in Wonderland. And Paddington. Jeez I used to read all the time.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I loved paddington! He made me try marmalade AND look up Peru in my atlas!

Didn't get why Winnie the pooh and co. loved christopher Robin so much, though, he was an annoying little know-it-all.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fleur-de-lis)
It's Okay, he's not real, no real boy would be that much of an **** and have everyones approval and deference.
fleur-de-lis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know but I used to imagine of how I would have changed the storyline. I really didn't like how he was in Mystery Moor.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to love reading books by Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl and Jacqulene Wilson when I was younger. I used to love the Goosebump books too, I used to take out as many as I could from the library. Me and my friend also liked the Girls like you books or something. The titles of the books would be a girls name and it was about friends who had promised to have a holiday romance. Me and my friend noticed them in the library because the books were called our names and we ended up reading them all.
milady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I liked Roald Dahl too, then Enid Blyton, then later on I liked the Earthsea books, which were a pain to read (I loved them then but when I bought a new one recently, I couldn't stand it).
milady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
It's Okay, he's not real, no real boy would be that much of an **** and have everyones approval and deference.
You're right. I didn't like Julian either. In fact, I don't think I liked any of the characters (except possibly the dog). I just read the books because they were exciting, and set in a cool place/places. And naturally I imagined that sort of adventure happening to me.
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I loved chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the rings, Roald Dahl and the fairy tails, Alice in wonderland, Discworld books (still do), mythology etc awwww i loved reading when i was ickle!!
feeling good
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~the_one~)
I loved chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the rings, Roald Dahl and the fairy tails, Alice in wonderland, Discworld books (still do), mythology etc awwww i loved reading when i was ickle!!
Chronicles of Narnia ruled. Started reading some fantasy books quite young, e.g. LOTR/Hobbit and His Dark Materials.
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chronicles of Narnia ruled. Started reading some fantasy books quite young, e.g. LOTR/Hobbit and His Dark Materials.
Same here, i had such an imagination i used to think i was in the books lol! I love reading
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fleur-de-lis)
I got more annoyed with Anne for being so wet...

I sort of read anything and everything as a child; erm... Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton, CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, Lewis Carroll's Alice books, E. Nesbitt (think she wrote the book about the sand-creature that grants wishes (was it called It? - can't remember now) and The Phoenix and the Carpet), Tolkien (the Hobbit & LOTR), Pratchett's Bromeliad - Trucks, Diggers and Wings anyone? And of course Paddington! Ahhhh, memories.

I reread most of them, though I haven't read Paddington for ages...
Coombe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Enid Blyton! - the best!
Loved 'The naughtiest girl in the school' so much, read it over and over and when i got older i got the 2 other books as a present (never knew they exsisted) 'naughtiest girl...becomes a moniter, and can't remember the other, but i read them a few times but was getting a bit old by then. Treasure those books and wana read them to my kiddies if i have any lol - they WILL sit and listen haha.

Famous Five - brilliant, first one i read was Five go off in a caravan and it sparked off collecting the others - still have them.

Secret seven but no so keen - not as gd as the FF.
Lawzza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I loved, and still re read -The Chronicles of Narnia
The Babysitters club always good for a laugh now if I want something to pass the time with!
I liked the Goosebumps books aswell, used to scare me alot back in the day!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Enid Blyton series'. Used to love the mystery, adnebture and school stories. Also, HARDY BOYS ruled! Had way for action than the dull Nancy Drew books. Goosebumps and Chronicles of Narnia as well. And how could I forget the brilliant Willard Price books! They were the best.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.8%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (208)
40.78%
Nope, not that interesting (201)
39.41%

Watched Threads