The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OOOOOOoooook then. I guess then that all people that arent of christian faith, give into christmas??
Reply 2
Christ wasnt even born on the 25th for december

If anything the 25th of december is more of a pagan festival. Think before you speak.
Reply 3
corey

If anything the 25th of december is more of a pagan festival. Think before you speak.

I knew that
Reply 4
corey

Isn't the real date supposed to be September 15th?
Reply 5
SpAnIsH_fLy
OOOOOOoooook then. I guess then that all people that arent of christian faith, give into christmas??

That implies you did not.
Reply 6
Alec
Isn't the real date supposed to be September 15th?

I've got no idea, but i just happened to of read 'the xmas files' leant off my philosophy teacher :biggrin:

One problem it says is 'Should non christians celeberate christmas' and it gives some convincing arguments of why they should :smile:
One day I'll escape it all...
Reply 8
i think that people take christmas as`a period of time in which you take the company of frends n family, being greatful for what we have, regardless of faith. for those of us who are christians, this is also true, as well as celebrating the birth of Christ.
Reply 9
Sadly i don't celebrate it.
Reply 10
HamaL
Sadly i don't celebrate it.

Why sadly?
Well

A lot of non-Christian people I know do. We call it "Winterfest" within my group of friends because most of us don't celebrate proper Christmas anyway, we celebrate the traditional festival around December that reaches a climax on the 25th with traditional exchange of gifts and greetings.
Reply 12
thefish_uk
Well

A lot of non-Christian people I know do. We call it "Winterfest" within my group of friends because most of us don't celebrate proper Christmas anyway, we celebrate the traditional festival around December that reaches a climax on the 25th with traditional exchange of gifts and greetings.

winterfest...sounds pretty good. Do you eat special stuff as well?
winterfest...sounds pretty good. Do you eat special stuff as well?

We sure do, well we eat turkey, it's all in the oven and either me and my dad has to get up at 7 tomorrow to get it cooking.

This year, the 25th is on a Thursday. So we phone each other up and say Happy Thursday to each other.

Whoa, I can harly wait till the next Thursday.
Reply 14
thefish_uk
We sure do, well we eat turkey, it's all in the oven and either me and my dad has to get up at 7 tomorrow to get it cooking.

This year, the 25th is on a Thursday. So we phone each other up and say Happy Thursday to each other.

Whoa, I can harly wait till the next Thursday.

Next thurs? I thought it was this thurs!
Reply 15
i'm not christian, but my family still has a special dinner and dat on christmas......................jus 4 fun!
Next thurs? I thought it was this thurs!

Whoa yeah!

The next Thursday, the climax of Winterfest, it's TOMORROW!!

Do you want to know what the great day is called next year?
Reply 17
thefish_uk
Whoa yeah!

The next Thursday, the climax of Winterfest, it's TOMORROW!!

Do you want to know what the great day is called next year?

go on enlighten me
go on enlighten me

Saturday.

You wouldn't guess, would you...
Reply 19
thefish_uk
Saturday.

You wouldn't guess, would you...

*laughs

thats a good one.

Latest