Turn on thread page Beta

What's your pay like? watch

Announcements

Evenings £5.00 ph, saturdays £5.50 ph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    In a chemical lab - squirting stuff into test tubes, weighing things, using the computer and running some machines, its not too bad.
    did you need experience and/or a clinical sciences degree for working in the lab?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phatz00)
    did you need experience and/or a clinical sciences degree for working in the lab?
    Nope, I've only got A levels. I've had no experience in the field either - but it is good experience itself.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what my pay is per hour come to think of it.. perhaps I should calculate it at some stage. Once I've worked out how much they're taxing me..

I am working on a temporary contract in the IT sector. I work full time and get paid £10 per hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_G03)
    mine was 4.25 when i started its gone up to 5.10 an hour not bad my friend works in a big high street sports store and gets 3.20 per hour! :O
    And which sports shop would that be?

I'm on £45 a day at sports world, and £4.50 an hour at the bar.

ReputationRep:
    £6.41 ..... 8 hours a week
    Good enough for me!!

ReputationRep:
    £7.50 an hour in my summer job (40 hours a week)....

ReputationRep:
    7.16 per hour, and now i get 22.5% off of Boots products and 12.5% of the rest!

But i work in Oxford street (as Optical assistant) - 2 hours travelling a day @ £6 for a travel card. But i work Sat/Sunday (13 hours a week)...

Most of my mates are on around £4-5 and £6 at the most.

ReputationRep:
    It would help more if people said what job they're doing, rather than just how much they get paid. I'm an assistant administrator in a pensions actuarial consultancy and I get £19,280 pa, which works out at about £300/week after tax. It's over £10/hour before tax, and between £8 and £9/hour after tax. I should be able to claim back some overpaid taxes though, as I'm off to uni soon.

I'm going to miss this money.

ReputationRep:
    I get 3 pound an hour, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I write articles for a computer magazine freelance at £90/page, and I do sysadmin work in my spare time at £20/hour for a friend of mine (done on a per-job basis).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flick)
    Hi,

At the moment where I work as a student I make £9.80 an hour.
    oh my god where do you work!?

ReputationRep:
    £5.88 an hour on weekdays, with time and a half on Sat and double on Sunday
    Overall I get £127 for a 15-hour week.

Edit: I'm part-time cleaner at a hospital in case anyone was wondering.

ReputationRep:
    J-o-b? What's that.

However, I do plan on having my starting salary after grad school to be 150,000k+. Only 6 more years.......

ReputationRep:
    I'm a supper girl at a nursing home on £4.60 an hour. I only work two nights a week, two hours at a time, so it's not really that much, but it's alright for the work I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bavman)
    7.16 per hour, and now i get 22.5% off of Boots products and 12.5% of the rest!

But i work in Oxford street (as Optical assistant) - 2 hours travelling a day @ £6 for a travel card. But i work Sat/Sunday (13 hours a week)...

Most of my mates are on around £4-5 and £6 at the most.
    If you have a young persons railcard, you can get a discount on your Travelcard. A day Travelcard is 4.80 (I think) with it.

I get 4.95 an hour. Hmm. Time and a half on Sundays and double time on public holidays.

ReputationRep:
    I work in specsavers and I get paid £35 a day. Works out at about £3.70 per hour. I've only been working for a few months. When I become an optical assistant I will be paid more.

ReputationRep:
    10p every minute.

Andrew

(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    It would help more if people said what job they're doing, rather than just how much they get paid. I'm an assistant administrator in a pensions actuarial consultancy and I get £19,280 pa, which works out at about £300/week after tax. It's over £10/hour before tax, and between £8 and £9/hour after tax. I should be able to claim back some overpaid taxes though, as I'm off to uni soon.

I'm going to miss this money.
    That is quite similar to what I earn. I earn about £8.30 an hour after tax. How much I earn really depends on how many hours I work as most weeks I work more than are required. I think my actual job title is Data Center and Facilities Planner however for ease of understanding I shall just say I work in the IT sector for a multinational company.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.