?
Report 13 years ago
they all survived
thatguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am New Jersey in the states at the moment; I am flying to Toronto Pearson international airport this thursday, and then flying from Toronto back to UK a few days later. I am utterly shocked.
yorkshirelass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How do you know they all survived? On the BBC site, although they say some people survived, the eyewitness' account doesn't sound too promising.
PinkPigeon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
they all survived
Really? :eek: I'm pleased of course but looking at the pictures I was sure some wouldn't have survived that...
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
How do you know they all survived? On the BBC site, although they say some people survived, the eyewitness' account doesn't sound too promising.
www.reuters.co.uk about an hour ahead of every other news agency... pretty much always!
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PinkPigeon)
Really? :eek: I'm pleased of course but looking at the pictures I was sure some wouldn't have survived that...
The fire broke out after everyone had left the plane. Apparently it may have been struck by lightning as the airport was on high alert for lightning strikes anyway.
Adarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I heard it form the BBC actually... I guess they are still writing up an article for the website, but I've got their newsticker installed - all it said was that they all survived, no details of course and no article to go with it at the time, but I thought I'd post that it said they'd all survived.
Colostomy_Bag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
It was on the radio4 news
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
omg that's lucky, so did the plane actually crash or just skid off the run-way? (sorry must go looky myself)

edit: it skidded, :s:
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
There were over 300 people on the plane. 14 injuries (none major) and all survived.
flick
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
There were over 300 people on the plane. 14 injuries (none major) and all survived.
Wow, I really admire the canadian rescuers here
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I admire luck in this case =] at least the plane did not tumble around and explode
Britzan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
'Tis a Miracle that they all survived.Thingslike that don't just 'happen' in my opinion.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nice avatar you got Bitzan. Looks like a washing powder at first but then i realized its not.
Philadelphia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4742669.stm
Britzan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nasht)
Nice avatar you got Bitzan. Looks like a washing powder at first but then i realized its not.
thankyou :tsr:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads