This discussion is closed.
Alexdel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
:rolleyes:

do you understand that a terrorist is an extremist?
This was the quote ''32% of Muslims believe that the West culture should be brought to an end.''

I replied by saying it's not true.

You then said what do the terrorist want then?

....It doesnt make sense does it?
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"32% believe that the West is immoral and its culture should be brought to an end"

Some "Muslims dont actually find the extremists extreme" and agree with the terrorists viewpoint.

If it isn't true [as you said] that the terrorists and/or extremist Muslims are hell bent on bringing an end to Western culture then what do you think is the purpose of all these attacks?
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"32% believe that the West is immoral and its culture should be brought to an end"

Some "Muslims dont actually find the extremists extreme" and agree with the terrorists viewpoint.

If it isn't true [as you said] that the terrorists and/or extremist Muslims aren't hell bent on bringing an end to Western culture then what do you think is the purpose of all these attacks?
The whole comment i.e that 32% of muslim want the western culture to be brought to an end, it's not correct...I fail to see how this connects to 'Then what do terrorists want to achieve' since the quote was refering to every muslim in the country if it was true or not...and that is what we were discussing. We were not debating the objectives of terrorists...
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the comment is correct, and here is the source. it isn't incorrect, as you have wrongfully claimed earlier.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the comment is correct
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

and ofcourse has everything to do with terrorism. if these terrorist attacks hadn't occured, this subject wouldn't have come up in the first place.
First of all if they are correct why not quote the whole thing 'with non-violent means' which is exactly what any other christian would say about a decadent society (How does it exactly mean that they agree with terrorists who use VIOLENCE?). It's yet another of those idiotic questions the right-wing papers use to show the muslims are outsiders.

If we are debating this specific point saying 'well we wouldnt be debating it if it wasnt for the terrorist therefore my intervention is correct' is very odd to say the least....if thats true then in every debate we have about islam and muslims you will ask that question? :s
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
I think all of us should move into one Muslim country after another, staying only long enough to elect a government that would promise to destroy Islamic culture. What do you say?
oh it's destroy now is it? How much more spin do you put on it? Don't get me started on how bias the actual question is....it's an absolute joke and tailor made for the torygraph..
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Alexdel)
oh it's destroy now is it? How much more spin do you put on it? Don't get me started on how bias the actual question is....it's an absolute joke and tailor made for the torygraph..
In order to not offend your PC sensibilities, I will change "destroy" to "change their culture until it is identical to ours". And to top it off, we'll make having a tablet of the ten commandments mandatory next to all courthouses.
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In order to not offend your PC sensibilities, I will change "destroy" to "change their culture until it is identical to ours". And to top it off, we'll make having a tablet of the ten commandments mandatory next to all courthouses.
How original, another 'You are being PC' comment....I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you are spinning the actual question and changing it to your own description....Stop crying and if you are going to comment on it use the actual poll asnwers rather than your own twisted versions...

As for the ten commandments, I dont get it :confused:
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How original, another 'You are being PC' comment....I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you are spinning the actual question and changing it to your own description....Stop crying and if you are going to comment on it use the actual poll asnwers rather than your own twisted versions...
I thought there was nothing wrong with moving to another country, knowing that their culture is significantly different to our own, in order to alter their culture to our liking? :confused:

As for the ten commandments, I dont get it :confused:
Someone hasn't been paying attention to US news for the last few years.
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought there was nothing wrong with moving to another country, knowing that their culture is significantly different to our own, in order to alter their culture to our liking? :confused:

Someone hasn't been paying attention to US news for the last few years.
I do know what you are on about the problem is I don't see the relevance here...and even if I didn't know why should I watch US news? If your news is full of Bill O'reilly having a go at everyone who he doesnt like sometimes I wonder why I bother...
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Whats peace loving about beating your wife and establishing a global caliphate?
A majority of Muslims dont actually find the extremists extreme. 32% believe that the West is immoral and its culture should be brought to an end.
To be accurate, nearly all say they want this to happen peacefully- they are probably speaking rhetorically. Only 1% say they think violence would be justified to do this. Given the margin of error of statistical analyses this is a meaningless figure.
Goody1
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
To be fair its to be expected, i live in Oldham and ive saw trains scrawled on the side of buildings andthe twin towers with plaens flying twoards them aswell etc, if thats the action of a "few" then how do you expect people to react to this blatant provocation?

Through a 2 minutes silenece at work for the london bombings a group of muslims continued to make noise, be disrespectful and jsut generally disturbing the whole thing, it gets me that they then go outside and smoke weed and sell it and still call themselfs muslims.... i thought mulsims were supposed to be a religion of peace and very strict drusg wise etc (ill ad mit i dont know much about islam)

But if these actions are taken by the few then people are going to react in anger....
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if 32% of them don't like the culture then why bother immigrating? surely it's better to move to somewhere where you agree with the cultural norms and customs.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My brother recons our phones have been tapped into.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why does he think that?
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
My brother recons our phones have been tapped into.
In the same way that you think Shane's gonna impregnate you or does he have a reason to believe it? :p:
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
I love BBQ sauce and tomato sauce. And sources in general.
hehe, havent you heard? Substantiation is now officially the reason why D+D is boring.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why does he think that?
Cos he says when he talk through the phone, you can hear a tapping sound at the beginning of the call, and that some people came outside our house and messed with the phone lines. Maybe the phone line was just unclear :rolleyes:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
In the same way that you think Shane's gonna impregnate you or does he have a reason to believe it? :p:
That WILL happen. Just wait and see. :mad:
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
hehe, havent you heard? Substantiation is now officially the reason why D+D is boring.
Well I still believe that a healthy dose of source makes facts slightly more palateable. So?

Edit: After all, 76.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (23)
42.59%
Pro-humanity (31)
57.41%

Watched Threads