Attacks on Muslims have soared in London since the 7 July bombings Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)

What about the hate crimes commited against non-muslims?
Why not compile statistics that include the religious hate crime that resulted in 52 deaths and over 700 injuries resulting from the 7/7 bombings. Muslims aren't the only victims of religious hate crimes, despite what the BBC wants the public to think.
How is that relevant to the question at hand? It's not, start a new thread if you want to change the topic.
Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
So why are you applying for British citizenship? I have no intention of applying to become a French citizen because I simply dont consider myself one.
It's just easier, and a Somalian passport doesn't get you anywhere as Somalia doesn't actually exist as a nation state. Besides which, I haven't got a Somali passport, I don't even have a Birth certificate, so ID is good too.
j4mes_bond25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
The Daily Mail? Everyone knows that's a pile of **** anyway. I think the media offers a pretty fair perspective on the whole. Anyway who needs sensationalist stories when you have terrorists blowing themselves up every fortnight?
I don't entirely agree (cos I'm subscribed to THIS particular newpaper, you see

(Original post by englishstudent)
A country which offers freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom to work whichever job you want, freedom to a fair trial, a country which doesn't torture criminal suspects, a country where no one need die of hunger, a country which offers vast social security for those who cannot get by alone. I'd rather be a "second class citizen" (whatever that actually means) in England that in Iran or Afghanistan.
Hear, Hear !!! I ENTIRED AGREE.

If anyone got a British passport & prefer calling themself British (not necessarily, when it comes to JUST claiming Benefits, Free NHS, Free Education, etc.) then it makes MORE sense in seeing "Britain" as their homeland, rather than a land that's thousands of miles away from you & most probably, you never visited & lack a personal experience of being there yourself within that particular country :rolleyes:

Any Tom, **** or Harry, get a British passport within a matter of 5 years, but that's NOT enough to be British. It's what British qualities, culture, tradition, manners & etiquettes one possesses, that makes them British

- Freedom of speech is a part of British way of life, (ask that in Saddam's Iraq) :rolleyes:

- Freedom of worship is what's offered within British society (ask building a church in Middle East) :rolleyes:

Democracy has its existence within British society, IN ITS REAL SENSE, freedom of having:

- EQUAL rights (ask that in India, where people RAISES their eyes, against Gays & Lesbians) &
- EQUAL opportunity (ask that in Middle Eastern society, where women are BANNED from driving) &
- FAIR justice (ask that in lawless society of Somalia & ask that in Idi Amin's Uganda, where thousands made homeless within a matter of time & ask that in Robert Mugabe's Zimbabewe, where thousands are still being slaughtered)

If STILL people think of being seen as "second class citizen" then, I fear they need having their brain examined, ASAP :rolleyes: (lunatics are exception, as they've minuscule chance of showing any improvement & I genuinely feel rather pity for them :rolleyes:
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Must you use such racist language? I know you're only trying to get your point across but I for one am outraged that you felt the need to do so in such a graphic way.
Must you need CHANGING COLOUR of such an offensive language I didn't see him saying so in his post, but your post, making such language appearing in "red", made it more noticeable, though
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
It's just easier, and a Somalian passport doesn't get you anywhere as Somalia doesn't actually exist as a nation state. Besides which, I haven't got a Somali passport, I don't even have a Birth certificate, so ID is good too.
I'm rather confused & seriously wondering as if you need a BRITISH PASSPORT, merely cos of the BENEFITS that comes with it, rather than seeing yourself as British
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Religion is worthless. Christians have been fighting Muslims for thousands of years.. So thus, historically-speaking, NO, attacks on Muslims haven't really increased at all.

Remember the Crusades at least?

If people would just realize this isn't new news.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
So how are you in the country?
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't be silly, Vienna Don't tell me that you BELIEVE that everyone entering this country, do so by the rules :rolleyes: (no offence to anyone, in particular, though
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have one from when I was three years old, I don't know if people could spot the likeness now...

(Original post by j4mes_bond25)
Don't be silly, Vienna Don't tell me that you BELIEVE that everyone entering this country, do so by the rules (no offence to anyone, in particular, though
Oh, shut up.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hear, Hear !!! I ENTIRED AGREE.

If anyone got a British passport & prefer calling themself British (not necessarily, when it comes to JUST claiming Benefits, Free NHS, Free Education, etc.) then it makes MORE sense in seeing "Britain" as their homeland, rather than a land that's thousands of miles away from you & most probably, you never visited & lack a personal experience of being there yourself within that particular country :rolleyes:
It seems somewhat ironic for British people to say this, you're notorious for only seeing yourselves as British wherever you go and however long you stay.

Any Tom, **** or Harry, get a British passport within a matter of 5 years, but that's NOT enough to be British. It's what British qualities, culture, tradition, manners & etiquettes one possesses, that makes them British
Ha! Any tom, **** or Harry that has another home to go to can get a British passport in 5 years... try 12 years mate.
What 'British qualities in particular am I lacking? I've lived here long enough to recognise etiquettes and I'm a polite enough person met face to face, although people rarely spout bull**** like this in my face.

- Freedom of speech is a part of British way of life, (ask that in Saddam's Iraq) :rolleyes:
Saddam claimed to be runnng a secular 'democracy'. That's why America helped him against Iraq, and Fundamentalists hated him.

- Freedom of worship is what's offered within British society (ask building a church in Middle East) :rolleyes:
Do you know how many Christians there are in the middle East? Trust me there are a few churches there.

Democracy has its existence within British society, IN ITS REAL SENSE, freedom of having:

- EQUAL rights (ask that in India, where people RAISES their eyes, against Gays & Lesbians) &
- EQUAL opportunity (ask that in Middle Eastern society, where women are BANNED from driving) &
I think you mean Saudi Arabian Society.

- FAIR justice (ask that in lawless society of Somalia & ask that in Idi Amin's Uganda, where thousands made homeless within a matter of time & ask that in Robert Mugabe's Zimbabewe, where thousands are still being slaughtered)

If STILL people think of being seen as "second class citizen" then, I fear they need having their brain examined, ASAP :rolleyes: (lunatics are exception, as they've minuscule chance of showing any improvement & I genuinely feel rather pity for them :rolleyes:
Okay, ikt's alright as long they would be treated worse elsewhere? Some are more equal than others I suppose?

Anyone who doesn't agreee with you is a lunatic apparently, so don't worry about this whole post, I have little chance of showing 'improvement'.
The Watcher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
Disgusting. You just want to be British because your loser country doesn't have proper passports.

We need to deport these type of people NOW.
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Watcher)
Disgusting. You just want to be British because your loser country doesn't have proper passports.

We need to deport these type of people NOW.
some people arent allowed to have a country let alone a passport.
be nice
The Watcher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kriztinae)
some people arent allowed to have a country let alone a passport.
be nice
Some people aren't allowed to have a country? What on earth are you talking about?
milady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://dailyablution.blogs.com/the_d...tion_deba.html

Top posting on the same subject.
i like that blog.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Some people aren't allowed to have a country? What on earth are you talking about?
palestine?
The Watcher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
palestine?
Dont start that nonsense about Palestine. There's never been an Arab Palestinian state.

No foreign born person has any natural right to be here - they're here purely at our discretion.

I dont mind people who want to be British (not just want the state benefits like ayaan) and want to contribute to the UK - we should welcome them in controlled numbers.

But I dont want people in my country who just come over here to bleed our nation dry or simply because their own looser countries have failed.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Dont start that nonsense about Palestine. There's never been an Arab Palestinian state.

No foreign born person has any natural right to be here - they're here purely at our discretion.

I dont mind people who want to be British (not just want the state benefits like ayaan) and want to contribute to the UK - we should welcome them in controlled numbers.

But I dont want people in my country who just come over here to bleed our nation dry or simply because their own looser countries have failed.
i live in cyprus
i can say the same about the british people here
The Watcher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i live in cyprus
i can say the same about the british people here
You're more than welcome to.
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Do you think it's really justifiable to punish people for "their own loser countries" failing when these failures are often nothing to do with them, and totally out of their control?

Does contributing to the UK necessarily require feeling a certain alligence to the country? I've got to be honest, I feel no great alligence to this place, am I not able to contribute? I was born in Cambridge to British parents, by the way.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're more than welcome to.
thats ok thank you
im open minded
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1015)
79.11%
Leave (268)
20.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed