The Student Room Group

How to invert colours in powerpoint?

Hiya,

I'm trying to print my lecture slides, but the lecturer has done them with white text and coloured images on black background, which is going to use loads of ink. I seem to have managed to print the slides in black and white with black text on a white background, but ideally I'd like the images to be in colour.

Does anyone know if it's possible to print the slides so the background is white, the text black, but the images in colour?

Thanks for any replies!
If the file you have is actually Powerpoint rather than a PDF, then you can just get rid of the background completely (under design if you have Powerpoint 2007), and select all text and colour it black (left-hand sidebar, click "outline", then select all, and change the font).
Reply 2
secretmessages
If the file you have is actually Powerpoint rather than a PDF, then you can just get rid of the background completely (under design if you have Powerpoint 2007), and select all text and colour it black (left-hand sidebar, click "outline", then select all, and change the font).

Thanks for that! I've managed to get rid of the background, but I'm having trouble selecting the text in the outline bit :s-smilie:
fleur de lis
Thanks for that! I've managed to get rid of the background, but I'm having trouble selecting the text in the outline bit :s-smilie:

Ok, have you got the outline sidebar? Not the one that shows all the slides, but the one that shows all the text. If you click anywhere in there and then do Ctrl+A, it should select all the text. However if your lecturer inserted his own textboxes into the slides they won't actually show in there, which makes it a bit difficult. Thinking about it, you might be able to go back into slide design and create your own 'theme' that has the font colour as black? It would be under "colours" and then "create new theme colour", I think. Let me know if neither of those ideas work.
Reply 4
secretmessages
Ok, have you got the outline sidebar? Not the one that shows all the slides, but the one that shows all the text. If you click anywhere in there and then do Ctrl+A, it should select all the text. However if your lecturer inserted his own textboxes into the slides they won't actually show in there, which makes it a bit difficult. Thinking about it, you might be able to go back into slide design and create your own 'theme' that has the font colour as black? It would be under "colours" and then "create new theme colour", I think. Let me know if neither of those ideas work.

The second one worked, thanks! :biggrin:
fleur de lis
The second one worked, thanks! :biggrin:

Awesome :h:. Thank you for the rep :o::smile:
Reply 6
heya,It's been 12 years since ur question but i m in a position as u were 12 years back and i really need help , so kindly tell how did u find a way
12 Years Old thread bump.. :eek:. If you were facing the same issue you can create a new thread for this.
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest