The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Eggy Hog
I have offers from York and Exeter. Waiting to hear from Durham, LSE and Bristol.
I don't qualify for the loan so London could prove expensive. Just have to get a good job while I'm there I suppose!

Are you an international student then? As everyone who is British gets 75% of the student loan and the other 25% is means tested
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
yeah i applied to do accounting and finance whoever asked! its driving me mad but hopefuly we should all start hearing stuff now as application deadline is today!!!fingers crossed hey!
Reply 62
Eggy Hog
I have offers from York and Exeter. Waiting to hear from Durham, LSE and Bristol.
I don't qualify for the loan so London could prove expensive. Just have to get a good job while I'm there I suppose!

My thinking exactly, however they do restrict working hours to 15 hrs a week, but the History course isn't exactly full on with lectures is it! So we should have loads of time to work and still do well academically
Reply 63
i got AAAABB at As and 5A*5A at GCSEs and applied to do management at LSE but they rejected my application so i as just wondering what grades ppl who got offers got

mb85
I have applied for Management on 24th November...still no reply........... guess i have to wait for a while
candy88524
i got AAAABB at As and 5A*5A at GCSEs and applied to do management at LSE but they rejected my application so i as just wondering what grades ppl who got offers got

that takes the mick - what subjects did u do at A-level and what grade in each?
Reply 65
Kurdt Morello

Grades aren't everything you know...! They accepted me to the History course and i didn't even get an A at AS, i got a B, so obviously they aren't that bothered about grades, quite rightly.....
Reply 66
grades aren't the only thing uni's look for though, ain't it?

you gotta be a fun and interesting person too :smile:

it could be a case of over-qualification - but i highly doubt that

and by the way, you got 4 A's and 2 B's at AS, right? are you a robot or something? i couldn't even do that if i had the bloody answers in front of me in the exams!!!

and forgive me for being dumb - but what is LSE and what is so good about it? it's like all you people talk about on here...
sparkler

and by the way, you got 4 A's and 2 B's at AS, right? are you a robot or something? i couldn't even do that if i had the bloody answers in front of me in the exams!!!

and forgive me for being dumb - but what is LSE and what is so good about it? it's like all you people talk about on here...

it is the best for a lot of degree courses after Oxbridge - an academic powerhouse if u will
Reply 68
sparkler

Lol thanks for that entertaining msg, and i hopw i didn't come across as big headed (no intention in doing so, sorry) but i would have like to have thought that i was an interesting person by my personal statement and stuff, but i guess i was wrong. just feeling a bit depressed because of all the negative replies from various things.

no, me no robot, one of them was that damm General studies.

what is so good about lse? i dunno really, i feel really materialistic when i say i want a good job after uni and stuff.
Reply 69
Kurdt Morello

i did
Business Studies, English lit, chinese and psychology with As
and maths and general studies with Bs
candy88524
i did
Business Studies, English lit, chinese and psychology with As
and maths and general studies with Bs

Was that at AS level or A2 level
Reply 71
no big-headedness at all!!!

and you said "i feel really materialistic when i say i want a good job after uni and stuff."

that is the main main main reason most people apply to uni - it's hardly materialistic

and i doubt you looked crap in your personal statement - it's probably just the uni being a complete fusspot!

yeh, so anyway, i'm applying for accountancy if anyone is wondering (doubt it though!)

tum te tum...
:smile:
Reply 72
Grades really aren't everything!! There are loadsa of people on this forum that got 5As at AS and predicted 4/5As at A2 that have been rejected, and i personally know people! whereas there are people like me, that didnt get all As, some not even an A that have either got a place, or are still waiting to hear as they have been placed on the waiting list!!!!
Reply 73
sparkler

and you said "i feel really materialistic when i say i want a good job after uni and stuff."

that is the main main main reason most people apply to uni - it's hardly materialistic

and i doubt you looked crap in your personal statement - it's probably just the uni being a complete fusspot!

yeh, so anyway, i'm applying for accountancy if anyone is wondering (doubt it though!)

tum te tum...

awwww thanks sparkler! i didn't knwo whether you were being sarcastic when you said "no big-headedness at all!!!" but then i read on and what you said was sooo sweet.

accountancy, where at?

yes to the precvios thread, it was AS's i wouldn't be fretting had they'd been A2
Reply 74
gemma1811
Grades really aren't everything!! There are loadsa of people on this forum that got 5As at AS and predicted 4/5As at A2 that have been rejected, and i personally know people! whereas there are people like me, that didnt get all As, some not even an A that have either got a place, or are still waiting to hear as they have been placed on the waiting list!!!!

true.

*sigh* all this university lark, when i graduate, i'm going to look back and think how silly i was to have worried in the first place! lol
Reply 75
i'll be going to portsmouth hopefully

CCD i need - and it's looking doubtful at the moment!! lol

yes, i am THAT thick!

Reply 76
sparkler
i'll be going to portsmouth hopefully

CCD i need - and it's looking doubtful at the moment!! lol

yes, i am THAT thick!

its always easy for ppl to say and a bit cliche, but HAve Faith in yourself!!! just work extra hard!

i feel such a hypocrite, coz i was worrying about all this stuff for the whole day! but after posting these msgs, i feel much better! we can btoh work hard together over the easter period and get our hrd earned grades in the summer!!
Reply 77
sparkler

tum te tum...

Yeah ive applied for accountancy as well - along with finance. So where have you applied then, especially since u didnt know who LSE were!!!
Reply 78
gemma1811
Yeah ive applied for accountancy as well - along with finance. So where have you applied then, especially since u didnt know who LSE were!!!

cardiff, liverpool, huddersfield, and portsmouth(2 courses) - got offers for all of them...

waiting for bristol though - it's gonna be a rejection - guaranteed!!!

and where have you applied??

i didn't realise accounting was as popular as it is - but there is quite a lot of people on here talking about it!

la de la....
Reply 79
sparkler
cardiff, liverpool, huddersfield, and portsmouth(2 courses) - got offers for all of them...

waiting for bristol though - it's gonna be a rejection - guaranteed!!!

and where have you applied??

i didn't realise accounting was as popular as it is - but there is quite a lot of people on here talking about it!

la de la....

I've applied to, and got offers from: Durham, Exeter, Reading, Southampton and Warwick.

I've applied to LSE, but still waiting to hear from them!

Yeah it is a surprisingly competitive course - only 8% of applicants for the course at LSE get a place!!!! I'm sure u'll get a place at Bristol!

Latest

Trending

Trending