Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    I am predicted 3 As

considering my A-level subjects Maths, Further Maths and Physics
    I find extremely lucky to have an offer in Management Sciences from LSE.

Considering your doing academic subjects, i don't find it surprising that u got an offer. I be more surprised if u did media studies, sociology and pychology and got an offer

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
    feel so sorry for u....oh no what would happen to me then?
    already 2 ppl here got rejected....i'm still waiting...really really fingers crossed. i prefer them not to reply me now if it's a rejection...
    when was ur application processed by UCAS? coz mine is on 3/11 and it has been a long time...
    My application was processed on 16th October by UCAS. Good luck with it - I got an e-mail back from the UG admissions tutor and it was really generally (the same one that UCL use apparently) just said that they have to reject some people that are 'over qualified' for the course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    awwww gem gem i is so sorry to hear that!!!!!!!! well its me n u now. where u gonna go instead?
    I'm guna go to Exeter I think, u? The UG admissions tutor was really crap, they told me that they couldn't give me a reason for why my application was 'unsuccessful'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    My application was processed on 16th October by UCAS. Good luck with it - I got an e-mail back from the UG admissions tutor and it was really generally (the same one that UCL use apparently) just said that they have to reject some people that are 'over qualified' for the course!
    oh right urs is processed earlier...do they go over the applications by date received? if yes then i'll be the next one to go !!
    what they have to reject ppl that are over qualified? that doesn't make sense aren't these ppl better? though i know they don't just look at grades...the thing is for subjects and grades i'm quite similar to u so it just sounds worrying to me...anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
    oh right urs is processed earlier...do they go over the applications by date received? if yes then i'll be the next one to go !!
    what they have to reject ppl that are over qualified? that doesn't make sense aren't these ppl better? though i know they don't just look at grades...the thing is for subjects and grades i'm quite similar to u so it just sounds worrying to me...anyway
    I don't know what order they go over them. What subjects are you doing, and what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Ok everyone, this is the e-mail that they send me, it is very bogg standard, so anyone else who e-mails them will most likely get the same, with a few alterations.

"I am sorry that we had to disappoint you in your application for admission to the School. I am afraid that we cannot give reasons for individual decisions, but I can say that the competition for places at the School is very severe and we are able to accept only a limited number of those who apply. For instance, we received 1,822 applications for the BSc Accounting and Finance degree for the 2002 session and of those, only 143 were accepted. This intense competition means that unfortunately, we often have to turn down many well-qualified candidates who have met, and in many cases surpassed, the entry requirements.

I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I wish you every success in your future studies."

ReputationRep:
    I'm guna go to Exeter I think, u? The UG admissions tutor was really crap, they told me that they couldn't give me a reason for why my application was 'unsuccessful'
    nah i rejected exeter im going st andrews to do eco...if get the grades lol. THEIR LOSS INNIT! pmpl

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted 3 As

considering my A-level subjects Maths, Further Maths and Physics
    I find extremely lucky to have an offer in Management Sciences from LSE.

My reference well.. the usual lies......you know the usual stuff from the school.Following student is the best, best and the best ...
    Well done for the offer, you're so lucky! Hey you do almost the same subjects as me, reckon that'll swing them in my favour? lol

ReputationRep:
    nah i rejected exeter im going st andrews to do eco...if get the grades lol. THEIR LOSS INNIT! pmpl
    pmpl?????

ReputationRep:
    CaSTle OUtsiDeR- I know that it sounds pretty bad, but they're only saying that as a way of sugar coating the rejection. The chances are that there were others that LSE wanted in preference, hence the rejection.

As for applicants meeting or exceeding the entry requirements, it's not a case of being overqualified. It's more of a case that the entry requirements are pretty low at ABB- most people applying are predicted AAA, therefore you could quite easily argue that they would reject people predicted AAB or even AAA in favour of other applicants, even though the standard offer is ABB.

ReputationRep:
    pmpl?????
    pissing me pants loud!!!! not literally!!! xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    pissing me pants loud!!!! not literally!!! xxxxx
    LOL! I like it! x

ReputationRep:
    lol us two rejects can just laugh at lse when the do$h is flowing into our many massive bank accounts!!!!!

reckon i woulda rejected lse anyway....haaaaaahaaaaaa only spankin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    CaSTle OUtsiDeR- I know that it sounds pretty bad, but they're only saying that as a way of sugar coating the rejection. The chances are that there were others that LSE wanted in preference, hence the rejection.

As for applicants meeting or exceeding the entry requirements, it's not a case of being overqualified. It's more of a case that the entry requirements are pretty low at ABB- most people applying are predicted AAA, therefore you could quite easily argue that they would reject people predicted AAB or even AAA in favour of other applicants, even though the standard offer is ABB.
    Hmm, maybe although overqualified i think means in terms of entry grades, not ability. Say if you were predicted AAA and the course was ABB, you'd be overqualified in terms of predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected for Management with predicted grades of AAB in Maths Business and Physics.
    Oh well I am going to Canada for uni now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok everyone, this is the e-mail that they send me, it is very bogg standard, so anyone else who e-mails them will most likely get the same, with a few alterations.

"I am sorry that we had to disappoint you in your application for admission to the School. I am afraid that we cannot give reasons for individual decisions, but I can say that the competition for places at the School is very severe and we are able to accept only a limited number of those who apply. For instance, we received 1,822 applications for the BSc Accounting and Finance degree for the 2002 session and of those, only 143 were accepted. This intense competition means that unfortunately, we often have to turn down many well-qualified candidates who have met, and in many cases surpassed, the entry requirements.

I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I wish you every success in your future studies."
    Ive also applied to read Business Maths in LSE. and got rejected.

It was my second rejection after Oxford. I was so pissed off.

Next morning phoned them up and asked reason for rejection.

And guess what, it was almost the same comment as yours with just different course.

ReputationRep:
    Ive also applied to read Business Maths in LSE. and got rejected.

It was my second rejection after Oxford. I was so pissed off.

Next morning phoned them up and asked reason for rejection.

And guess what, it was almost the same comment as yours with just different course.
    surprise, surprise

ReputationRep:
    I am also waiting for LSE, applied for Accounting & Finance in november still waiting.
    Though i know i will be rejected my pridictions are not good nor i am doing more accadamic subjects, Business studies: Accounting & I.T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahaid)
    I am also waiting for LSE, applied for Accounting & Finance in november still waiting.
    Though i know i will be rejected my pridictions are not good nor i am doing more accadamic subjects, Business studies: Accounting & I.T
    are u an international student?!

ReputationRep:
    are u an international student?!

YUP i am an international student------why?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.