Northumbria: Camden Court Watch

This discussion is closed.
BeatMaster
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone live here or know anyone there? Just wondering what it's like as I should hopefully, if all goes well, be staying there come September. 2nd choice is Knoll Court which is a bit of a further walk but brand new this year so either way I'll be happy

BeatMaster
Yaffle
Report 13 years ago
I never lived in Camden Court at Uni (it was only being built when I was in my final year) but I've heard mixed stories about it. One of my mates lived there and apparently the toilets flooded one day and there was raw sewage floating about everywhere. On the other hand some people have said it was ok. It was built quite quickly and I know for a fact that they rushed to get it finished before the start of term so I think things were done a bit shoddily. The good thing is is that it's really convenient for uni and town.
BeatMaster
Ah I heard it was really good, so must be mixed reviews. It looks to be pretty good and hopefully by now all the problems should be sorted. Could end up with Knoll Court which is new this year.

It's certainly got the convenient factor about it, just a few mins walk. woo!

I can't find any active forums for Northumbria Uni. Newcastle's is really busy but the Northumbria one is dead.

BeatMaster
NeilB
Report 13 years ago
Had it as a back up but got my first choice at Quay Point. Looks lovely!
BeatMaster
It does indeed but quite a bit further from where I need to be studying Computing. Plus you only get so much of your fuel paid and you've got to pay for your internet. Knoll Court is really good, all fuel paid, internet included and new this year, only minus is distance.

BeatMaster
lisaw
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BeatMaster)
It does indeed but quite a bit further from where I need to be studying Computing. Plus you only get so much of your fuel paid and you've got to pay for your internet. Knoll Court is really good, all fuel paid, internet included and new this year, only minus is distance.

BeatMaster

I'm hoping to get into either Glenamara House or Camden Court - both are very close to campus so I don't stand much chance of getting lost!
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Where are these places? I've never heard of them!
NeilB
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BeatMaster)

BeatMaster
Well, I'm a tall lad and the rooms at Quay were described as "larger than average" whereas the other two en-suites weren't. Distance isn't really an issue for me - it'll be good exercise !

Knoll Court is harder to get into because there are far less rooms and Camden is always oversubscribed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (388)
79.84%
Leave (98)
20.16%

Watched Threads