I feel bad...[because i laughed at a fat person] Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by silent p......?)
It'd be naive not to judge people on looks even a little bit, most people's impressions of other people are formed in the first 90 seconds of meeting someone and how someone presents themselves can tell you quite a lot about them.
No I understand what your saying, looks can give an important first impression, is that what you mean? But what I meant was I find it wrong someone feels the need to laugh/make fun of someone they don't know and probably only caught a quick glimpse of, because they're overweight. It just doesn't seem fair.

By 'judge' Rock-Tenth I simply mean get a strong enough idea based on how someone looks for you to treat them differently. It's kinda like you don't really give them a chance to put their personality across as you've already judged for yourself what type of person they are even though you don't really know them. This might lead to you interpreting things they say in order for it to fit your view of them...if that makes sense?!
......?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by * gemchicken *)
No I understand what your saying, looks can give an important first impression, is that what you mean? But what I meant was I find it wrong someone feels the need to laugh/make fun of someone they don't know and probably only caught a quick glimpse of, because they're overweight. It just doesn't seem fair.

By 'judge' Rock-Tenth I simply mean get a strong enough idea based on how someone looks for you to treat them differently. It's kinda like you don't really give them a chance to put their personality across as you've already judged for yourself what type of person they are even though you don't really know them. This might lead to you interpreting things they say in order for it to fit your view of them...if that makes sense?!
Oh, Im talking about making fun of fat people I know, you have to be nice to strangers until you get to know them well enough to insult them.
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a phobia of fat
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, Im talking about making fun of fat people I know, you have to be nice to strangers until you get to know them well enough to insult them.

hahahah..well if it's a fat person you know well, then by all means mock them. I mean, what are friends for?
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
hahahah..well if it's a fat person you know well, then by all means mock them. I mean, what are friends for?
Well, usually running away from after you insult them, but I guess thats a guy thing, and if you turn quick enough they fall over.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Was probs just that leel bit too harsh to laugh at them. I can't really talk as I'm always making comments such as "omfg whats going on with her hair?" and "is this ugly *******s day out" and *****y stuff like that. One of my friends is obese and she's the nicest person I've ever met.

Beauty isn't only on the outside, you know. I don't think it's fair to make fun of someone because of their size. Everyone is an individual, out of anyone I know that.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the dude who said you should be all blabl blab bla 30 stones bla bla to be against the laughing I disagree with you,I mean obesity is not right but it's them who are getting fat,no body is perfect uyou might have a bad hair day,and you'd hate people making fun of you,you even might be wearing something that doesn't look nice enough and you'd hate people laughing at you and it's only temprorary,how about carrying a big body all around with you,they are people with feelings you wont encourage them with just telling them they are fat or laughing at them you will just increase their emotional problem and contribute with lowering their self confidence,instead you can incourage them by tell them about the diseases,about how nice they might look if they lost weght,give them a smaller pants/clothes size as a gift do loads of things,take them to a dietion a gym ,go running with them there are alot of things that you might do to help them other than laugh at them even if they were your friends it would hurt
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, usually running away from after you insult them, but I guess thats a guy thing, and if you turn quick enough they fall over.
Well if you're a pretty enough girl they won't dare hit you. So try wearing some makeup Silent.

fall over eh..You best not be poking people with sticks again!
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
for the dude who said you should be all blabl blab bla 30 stones bla bla to be against the laughing I disagree with you,I mean obesity is not right but it's them who are getting fat,no body is perfect uyou might have a bad hair day,and you'd hate people making fun of you,you even might be wearing something that doesn't look nice enough and you'd hate people laughing at you and it's only temprorary,how about carrying a big body all around with you,they are people with feelings you wont encourage them with just telling them they are fat or laughing at them you will just increase their emotional problem and contribute with lowering their self confidence,instead you can incourage them by tell them about the diseases,about how nice they might look if they lost weght,give them a smaller pants/clothes size as a gift do loads of things,take them to a dietion a gym ,go running with them there are alot of things that you might do to help them other than laugh at them even if they were your friends it would hurt
If I was having a bad hair day or something stuck in my teeth, Id want someone to tell me so that I knew, strangers aren't going to do it.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's hardly fair to laugh at someone because they're fat. For all you know that person could be on a diet and trying to loose weight. For all you know their size might be a result of loneliness or some other mental problem. People are far too quick to jump to conclusions.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
Well if you're a pretty enough girl they won't dare hit you. So try wearing some makeup Silent.

fall over eh..You best not be poking people with sticks again!
Thanks, but I'd probably be the one insulted if I started wearing make up, Im not into that kinda thing at the moment.
third_and_first
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the dude who said you should be all blabl blab bla 30 stones bla bla to be against the laughing I disagree with you,I mean obesity is not right but it's them who are getting fat,no body is perfect uyou might have a bad hair day,and you'd hate people making fun of you,you even might be wearing something that doesn't look nice enough and you'd hate people laughing at you and it's only temprorary
My hair and clothes are terrible. Most of the time I can't be bothered washing my hair and it's really greasy. It's been growing for a year without any cutting or touching up, so you can imagine that mess. As for my clothes, well, I don't quite have the dress sense of a gay, I'll tell you that. My more fashionable friends often question my colour combos and I'm sure some people laugh at me, but hey, more power to them, they have the balls to laugh at another person without feeling bad.

Also, being fat is temporary as well.
I'll give them all a hint:

STOP EATING

instead you can incourage them by tell them about the diseases,about how nice they might look if they lost weght,give them a smaller pants/clothes size as a gift do loads of things,take them to a dietion a gym ,go running with them there are alot of things that you might do to help them other than laugh at them even if they were your friends it would hurt
You think I'd walk up to a flabby in the street and, as you say, 'incourage' them?
Yeah, why the hell would I do that?
I don't have to worry about hurting my friends' feelings either, I would never befriend a fat person anyway!
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by third_and_first)
I'll give them all a hint:

STOP EATING
In simple terms, yes that is the best advice. But it's not as easy as that though for some people.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't have to worry about hurting my friends' feelings either, I would never befriend a fat person anyway!
You do realise that its only a "temporary" thing, and so when all your friends are fat and 40 you won't have any friends?
habosh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I was having a bad hair day or something stuck in my teeth, Id want someone to tell me so that I knew, strangers aren't going to do it.
strangers are going to laugh behind your back and go like (eww look how ugly that boy's hair is,it looks as if he has just landed from a bunjy jump or whatever) and it's not the same I was just setting an exmaples it's different when you are fat and people go like whats up fatty,or call you names now that hurts,even if you had a bad hair day you'd hate them to call you names,you wouldn't mind if they told you that they are concernd about your helth,there is a way to lose weight ...etc
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
strangers are going to laugh behind your back and go like (eww look how ugly that boy's hair is,it looks as if he has just landed from a bunjy jump or whatever) and it's not the same I was just setting an exmaples it's different when you are fat and people go like whats up fatty,or call you names now that hurts,even if you had a bad hair day you'd hate them to call you names,you wouldn't mind if they told you that they are concernd about your helth,there is a way to lose weight ...etc
If Im never going to meet someone again I would want them to keep their insults to themselves, but if I do see them again Id rather have insults to my face then behind my back.
habosh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you do relaise that being dirty and smelly is worse than being fat.and that people fat or not hate to befriend dirty smelly people :confused: :confused: :confused: your pethatic hun
habosh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If Im never going to meet someone again I would want them to keep their insults to themselves, but if I do see them again Id rather have insults to my face then behind my back.
don't we all and then when we are insulted we feel bad :rolleyes: atleast when it's behind your back you never know and you never care
third_and_first
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You do realise that its only a "temporary" thing, and so when all your friends are fat and 40 you won't have any friends?
I'll just befriend young people.
third_and_first
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you do relaise that being dirty and smelly is worse than being fat.and that people fat or not hate to befriend dirty smelly people :confused: :confused: :confused: your pethatic hun
WAY TO STATE THE OBVIOUS, 'hun'.
I don't befriend smelly people either. In fact, I used to have a friend called Gary and MAN that guy started to stink when he hit puberty, so I had to kick him out of the gang. Yep.

Also, fat people tend to reek. It's the sweat you see. from the flab.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads