Dec Niger Crisis Appeal Watch

This discussion is closed.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
you might have heard on the radio, or seen on television, appeals for support for niger and some of its neighbouring countries.

far from any further lecturing about the crisis in hand, this topic's just a link to the website, on which you can make donations and read further information.

http://www.dec.org.uk/
Philadelphia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by silence)
you might have heard on the radio, or seen on television, appeals for support for niger and some of its neighbouring countries.

far from any further lecturing about the crisis in hand, this topic's just a link to the website, on which you can make donations and read further information.

http://www.dec.org.uk/
can i ask people a question on here i was trying to figure out. if the news is talking about people starving in niger does that mean there's no-one starving in all the other african countries?
Reema
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by philip2004)
can i ask people a question on here i was trying to figure out. if the news is talking about people starving in niger does that mean there's no-one starving in all the other african countries?
Of course there are people starving in all the other African countries - this is just a crisis after a long period of drought/crop failure...hence an appeal to rush food to prevent mass-famine. But I see your point.
Philadelphia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Reema)
Of course there are people starving in all the other African countries - this is just a crisis after a long period of drought/crop failure...hence an appeal to rush food to prevent mass-famine. But I see your point.
when i get a proper job i want to go to africa to help that way i'd have money to help people. at the moment i pay red nose day online.

and sometimes buy fair trade.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by philip2004)
it would appear its not their turn for help...or something.
silence
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i can understand the slight cynicism, but it's far better to have publicity explaining what's going on and the specifics of where it actually is. i'd rather hear that than "give a random african a net and he can go fishing his whole life".
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise