Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    I sort of had to celebrate christmas with my relatives (North of sweden, -30celsius, 1 hour of sunlight per day) and she's still in Oslo.
    i visited lapland on sunday nad monday and there was like 2 hours of sun and it was like -35. I loved it though and it was beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    i visited lapland on sunday nad monday and there was like 2 hours of sun and it was like -35. I loved it though and it was beautiful
    Yea, Its cool. Though I didnt bring my skies, so Im slightly bored now. Once in 1996 the temperature dropped below -50C. Or, at least we think it did. The thermometers stopped showing digits and just went --,-- after -49C. Its very cool then. Take a deep breath through your nose and you can feel the mucas in it freeze. Walk against the wind without glasses and you turn around after two meters holding your hands in front of your eyes trying to make them taw again.

Now, being used to these temperatures, I sort of misinterpretated the advice written on Cambridge's homepage saying Wear something WARM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    did you sit on santas lap?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Its cool. Though I didnt bring my skies, so Im slightly bored now. Once in 1996 the temperature dropped below -50C. Or, at least we think it did. The thermometers stopped showing digits and just went --,-- after -49C. Its very cool then. Take a deep breath through your nose and you can feel the mucas in it freeze. Walk against the wind without glasses and you turn around after two meters holding your hands in front of your eyes trying to make them taw again.

Now, being used to these temperatures, I sort of misinterpretated the advice written on Cambridge's homepage saying Wear something WARM.
    it was awesome, beautiful sunsets, husky dog driving and i saw he aurora borealis. NO Eric i did not sit on santas lap, but my lil bro did, if somebody suggested it to you, you would have something dirty to do with himn wouldnt you. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    did you sit on santas lap?
    eric....i deem you perverted! lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    eric....i deem you perverted! lol :rolleyes:
    im only 13 am i that dirty mided?

ReputationRep:
    yes u and curry would be perfect together, shame there is the atlantic

ReputationRep:
    yes you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    yes u and curry would be perfect together, shame there is the atlantic
    its him and gemgems....not me and eric

ive been wondering this for awhile....when you think do you think with an english accent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    it was awesome, beautiful sunsets, husky dog driving and i saw he aurora borealis. NO Eric i did not sit on santas lap, but my lil bro did, if somebody suggested it to you, you would have something dirty to do with himn wouldnt you. Lol
    Yea, Im so anoyed that we had cloudy whether during that solar storm. I only got to see one northern light back in Oslo.

Btw: The coolest trick you can do in north of sweden with those temperatures is to throw a cup of hot coffee as high as you can up in the air. It will come down as snow and ice crystals if the temperatur eis low enough.

PS: Even though the small wannabe-town I live in has these -35 temperatures during the winter, it sometimes has +30 in the summers. Its so cool, in december its so damn cool, and in august you swet your pants off.

ReputationRep:
    its him and gemgems....not me and eric

ive been wondering this for awhile....when you think do you think with an english accent?
    sometimes if you think hard enough.

i have always wanted an irish accent

ReputationRep:
    sometimes if you think hard enough.

i have always wanted an irish accent
    me 2, or a scottish one....scots have hot accents

ReputationRep:
    no irish for me

ReputationRep:
    strangely enough i used to wnat an american one :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    they dont seem to be that different to me americam ones

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Im so anoyed that we had cloudy whether during that solar storm. I only got to see one northern light back in Oslo.

Btw: The coolest trick you can do in north of sweden with those temperatures is to throw a cup of hot coffee as high as you can up in the air. It will come down as snow and ice crystals if the temperatur eis low enough.

PS: Even though the small wannabe-town I live in has these -35 temperatures during the winter, it sometimes has +30 in the summers. Its so cool, in december its so damn cool, and in august you swet your pants off.
    unlucky, it was a green line, i liked the tales about it being a fox's tail sparks. I saw it on the airoplane the next night as well. It was really cold and clear. The worst thing is when you lose the feelign in your toes and you cant do anything to them until you get back inside.

btw i love saunas and the snow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    why not any more...americans also have hot accents ! i have an american accent!

ReputationRep:
    I like Tony's accent Im dont know why I am so nostalgic about british aristocracy, I just happen to love it :P OK, call me a nerd, but I actually enjoy watching the debates in the house of commons on BBC, not cus Im interested in the politics (well, I am but thats not why I watch the debates) but because I like the debates themselves.

From BBC-Hardtalk: "But you said explicitly in your manifesto that you were not going to introduce top up fees! How can that NOT be in contradiction to an introduction of top up fees ? Your own MP's refuse to buy it !"

ReputationRep:
    curryadd likes accents

ReputationRep:
    because i realised i wanted people to take me seriously

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.