Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a little thing like a wage slip with the tearyoffy bits in the post today saying that they had tried to deliver somehting but needed my signature. Problem is I have absolutely no idea what they could be delivering?! Very strange anyways was wondering if anyone has heard of this co. before or anything like that? They seem legit but possibility they might be dodgy. I've already arranged a new delivery time (didn't see any harm in giving details again as they obv already have my name and address!)

What could it possibly be?!

ReputationRep:
    I get these quite often from Royal Mail. They often require you to sign for a letter if the sender has sent it by recorded delivery because it's particularly important. It could be anything, it won't necessarily be a package, it's probably just a letter.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they use it for delivering tickets i.e. Leeds Festival

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    Got a little thing like a wage slip with the tearyoffy bits in the post today saying that they had tried to deliver somehting but needed my signature. Problem is I have absolutely no idea what they could be delivering?! Very strange anyways was wondering if anyone has heard of this co. before or anything like that? They seem legit but possibility they might be dodgy. I've already arranged a new delivery time (didn't see any harm in giving details again as they obv already have my name and address!)

What could it possibly be?!
    What? so you don't know who sent it?
    Well royal mail's recorded delivery is quite popular, people send it recorded because they have insurance if it gets lost, also the package/letter is trackable on the royal mail's website.

Theres not much you can do to find out what it is. You said 'special mail' that must be their next day delivery service, which is quite expensive- around £3.00 to send a letter. Best thing you can do is just to go to the post office and collect it.
    You should be able to find out where it was from, as the package/letter will have the sender's details on it because it is recorded.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    'Special Mail Services' is like a courier company - a lot of card companies use them to deliver (particularly) credit cards. Give them a ring and ask them to deliver it at a time you'll be in, or maybe to another address like work? Or you could ask them to just post it on to you (i've had them do that a couple of times and they just stick the envelope in the post by Special Delivery).

ReputationRep:
    it was my reading ticket - all is well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    'Special Mail Services' is like a courier company - a lot of card companies use them to deliver (particularly) credit cards. Give them a ring and ask them to deliver it at a time you'll be in, or maybe to another address like work? Or you could ask them to just post it on to you (i've had them do that a couple of times and they just stick the envelope in the post by Special Delivery).
    deliver credit cards?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, like when your bank sends you a new credit card, someone delivers it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Yes, like when your bank sends you a new credit card, someone delivers it?
    I'm not old enough to get a credit card

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the OP is? Anyway, he said it was a ticket. Only things I've had through SMS are cards though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.