Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think this is wierd? watch

ReputationRep:
    I like sciences but i hate practicals.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly, I suppose. For me the practicals were the most interesting bits! I was always more of an Arts person, I suppose, though I did like biology.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that weird. I enjoy science, particularly physics, but I'm not a massive fan of practicals to be totally honest.

ReputationRep:
    I like biology and chemistry but don't really like practicals, I wouldnt say its that weird.

ReputationRep:
    What is even more weird is that you've spelt 'weird' as 'wierd' :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was similar.

ReputationRep:
    i liked practicles, was a change from writing notes from books and answering questions!

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all, everyone to their own!

ReputationRep:
    I *hate* science but loved the practicals. I was extremely good at dissecting things. Give me a scalpel, pair of scissors and some hooks and I was off. Kidneys, those were fun... I really enjoyed kidneys.

Wow, I really *do* sound weird. Anyway... I reckon some people are just good at understanding things when doing them, and confident with it, and some people aren't. Happens in most subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed science, but I equally enjoyed practicals. Having a practical bascially mixed up the lessons a bit. Because in my chemistry classes, if we were not doing practicals, we were making notes for most of the time.

Although some practicals are boring! Titrations I can safetly say I am allergic to!

ReputationRep:
    I thought most of the practicals we did in A level chemistry were pretty boring. Biology was marginally better.

ReputationRep:
    This is definately not weird. I do all three sciences and the only thing i enjoyed about practical work is making up results lol.
    Well i heard that a lot of great scientist in their early days actually make up results. I guess practical is boring because some time it don't get the right results and we need to twist the numbers to make it fit.

ReputationRep:
    i'm the same, i'm not a huge fan of practicals.

In a-level physics being asked to done some practicals just felt such a drag. Because you had toooo... get out your seat. Go al the way to the other side of the lab (a whole 5m), get the stuff. Go all the way back again, set it all up, do loads of repetitive results, draw a graph, draw a line of best fit and they take all the stuff back again.

Yawn!

I much prefer demonstations, whereby the teacher sets something up and you just have to watch. This is usually much more interesting and less tedious.

ReputationRep:
    I only did science up to GCSE level but although I didn't mind the theory, I hated the practicals, probably because I was so crap at them!

ReputationRep:
    my freinds allways sabotaged my chemistry experiments by promising to look after them and them just leaving them to burn away on the highest flame :rolleyes:

Also in one of the biology practicals (an assessed one at gcse) by freind picked up about 8 test tubes in his hands all in a mess and just thrust them towards me. Not surprisingly half of them fell on the floor and smashed and we both got marked down for being not having good lab technigue or something. Which i thought was rather harsh.

ReputationRep:
    I am absolute garbage at practicals! For chemistry Implementing I has the third worst in the year (Did well on written aspects though ) And I really think I bodged up my physics practical exam, my string broke at the wrong height, typical of me with practicals >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vhisko)
    What is even more weird is that you've spelt 'weird' as 'wierd' :p:
    i agree :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i like practicals ones. the learning theory is just very boring.

ReputationRep:
    I hate science in general lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bleeper)
    I like sciences but i hate practicals.
    Although they make a break from all the written work, When I was doing AS Chemistry I always seemed to screw the practicals up so in a way I guess I didn't realy like them.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.