Turn on thread page Beta

I need an exercise routine with situps watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 weeks until I go on holiday and I wanna look my best. So, how many situps should I do everyday for 4 weeks, so I have a toned 4 packed tummy??????

Also does anyone have an exercise routine they do that keeps them all toned up everywhere. I have nothing else better to do, so I thought I might as well exercise and eat healthy, although I'm anameic, so I cant do heavy exercise. So if you have a routine that works for you including warmups, please let me know. Cheers!!!

Love BlueAngel xxx

ReputationRep:
    Do 1000 situps twice a day and your tummy will be *so* toned by the time you're on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Do 1000 situps twice a day and your tummy will be *so* toned by the time you're on holiday.
    omg, you're joking right :eek: I couldnt possibly do that.

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively dont do that many because unless you do them regularly anyway you will end up injuring yourself. You should do them in repetitions and then as many as feels just beyone comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldent - it would have the opposite effect, its physically impossible anyway.

Seriously DONT do that.

go here www.muscletalk.co.uk for the best advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamu)
    It wouldent - it would have the opposite effect, its physically impossible anyway.

Seriously DONT do that.

go here www.muscletalk.co.uk for the best advice.
    I thought you were a girl :confused: it must have been that avatar

ReputationRep:
    Nope im definatly a man.. take my advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    I have 4 weeks until I go on holiday and I wanna look my best. So, how many situps should I do everyday for 4 weeks, so I have a toned 4 packed tummy??????

Also does anyone have an exercise routine they do that keeps them all toned up everywhere. I have nothing else better to do, so I thought I might as well exercise and eat healthy, although I'm anameic, so I cant do heavy exercise. So if you have a routine that works for you including warmups, please let me know. Cheers!!!

Love BlueAngel xxx
    If you want a toned tummy do some jogging/sprinting followed by crunches. Try to stay away from situps because if you don't have the correct form, you're gonna injure your back/spine.

Do about 1000 crunches, say 500 in the morning and then 500 in the evening. That's the most you should do because again you might injure yourself. Also when you go for a jog (30 mins), try and tense your tummy for sometime while you run.
    And lastly, cut out the junk food!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukguy86)
    If you want a toned tummy do some jogging/sprinting followed by crunches. Try to stay away from situps because if you don't have the correct form, you're gonna injure your back/spine.

Do about 1000 crunches, say 500 in the morning and then 500 in the evening. That's the most you should do because again you might injure yourself. Also when you go for a jog (30 mins), try and tense your tummy for sometime while you run.
    And lastly, cut out the junk food!
    No chocolate :bawling:
    What do you mean by crunches?

ReputationRep:
    i suggest running a marathon everyday on top of imasillynarb's advice, that'll work. Seriously, running 2/3 miles or so everyday will tone your stomach up a lot as well as burn fat.

ReputationRep:
    Crucnhes = lie down like your gonna do a sit up with your hand beside you. Then slide your arms foward while lift your body up slighty using your tummy. Don't strain with your neck....pretend you have an egg under your chin and not allowed to crack it.
    Hope you got the idea....it's easier if someone shows you!

ReputationRep:
    Crucnhes = lie down like your gonna do a sit up with your hand beside you. Then slide your arms foward while lift your body up slighty using your tummy. Don't strain with your neck....pretend you have an egg under your chin and not allowed to crack it.
    Hope you got the idea....it's easier if someone shows you!
    you wanna show me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    you wanna show me
    lol.....maybe some you know should show you.......

ReputationRep:
    do at least 500 a day, but do proper situps, not crunches. much better for u and work more of the abdominal muscles, giving u a more toned look :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    do at least 500 a day, but do proper situps, not crunches. much better for u and work more of the abdominal muscles, giving u a more toned look :top:

ReputationRep:
    Do about 1000 crunches, say 500 in the morning and then 500 in the evening.
    Sorry, but this is just plain bad advice (not having a dig) but this really is a waste of time for many reasons.

You should do 3 sets of 15 controlled, slow crunches 4 times a week, monday, wednesday, friday, sunday (i.e skip a day)

Doing a 1000 a day is completely pointless as it will actually reduce the level that your muscles tone and you just simply wont do it - its too much and then you will give up..

Ukguy86 is right about cardio though - a 30 minute run a day is exactly what you need - if you run or cycle (whatever) really intensly you should do it for only 20 minutes but if you do litterally run the whole time with only short breaks.

I know what im talking about so you can take my advice if you want results...

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with situps, you'll be wasting your time. As a fitness enthusiast, I guarantee that the best option for you is to crazy with cardio - swimming, running, cycling. The easiest way to fit that in is thus:

1. Go running for about twenty minutes every morning.
    2. Cycle everywhere you'd normally walk or get the bus.
    3. Go swimming twice a week - Sundays are usually a good option, as the pool's often deserted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Don't bother with situps, you'll be wasting your time.
    But how can she be expected to build some abdominal muscle without crunches.. thats rubbish mate..

ReputationRep:
    For short term, adamu is definitely right about regular, moderate exercise, i think it's a definite bad idea to go all guns blazing, you'll just ache the next day reaaaally bad!Though, for long term, stuff like aerobics, yoga and pilates are really good for toning without overdoing it, and are also sociable and fun if you're not a gym fan, plus u can always drag a friend along so you can work off each other , my friends and i do aerobics at the local gym in our enrichment time and it's hilarious, though i am definitely getting more toned

ReputationRep:
    Your abs won't show if you don't lose the layer of fat that's covering them.

Cardio and crunches, (refer to http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/ ).

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.