How do you revise? I need help!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
bbbb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
People i have five exams this january and need some advise on effective revision methods. Hypothetically speaking if you where this guy i know who hasent started yet, and who happens to have the same A2 subjects. And who also has a "cant do" attitude what advise would you give him-ill be sure to pass it on.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bbbb)
People i have five exams this january and need some advise on effective revision methods. Hypothetically speaking if you where this guy i know who hasent started yet, and who happens to have the same A2 subjects. And who also has a "cant do" attitude what advise would you give him-ill be sure to pass it on.
get off the internet, go through your books, pick out the most important bits nad learn them
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its chritstmas eve! worry about revising on boxing day!
bbbb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
obviousley but what helps you pick things up best.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You have done this thread before havn't you? Its pointless with you because I believe you do this thread everytime and I am gettign annoyed with you now.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Brainstorms with different colour pens. Seriously, your visual memory is your best and the colours to subjects link helps you remember.

Adam
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Personally, and this is not a very popular method, I just write all my notes out again and memorise them in small chunks. For one of my AS exams in yr12, I memorised 17 pages and repeated them from beginning to end. This probably won't work for many people, but re-writing your notes is definitely helpful. Just try and make yourself interested in the facts you learn.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
Personally, and this is not a very popular method, I just write all my notes out again and memorise them in small chunks. For one of my AS exams in yr12, I memorised 17 pages and repeated them from beginning to end. This probably won't work for many people, but re-writing your notes is definitely helpful. Just try and make yourself interested in the facts you learn.
You do that on Christmas Day?
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
You do that on Christmas Day?
No way, I'd say start on the 27th depending on how much there is to revise!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Boxing Day is always good to revise. I've got a load of crappy management theories to revise as well some more advanced networking stuff.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.77%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.55%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (86)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (50)
12.95%
No, nothing has changed (117)
30.31%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.13%

Watched Threads