Turn on thread page Beta

More Sub-Forums needed under 'Universities' Forum! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering why there aren't any sub-forums for PLYMOUTH, SURREY, SWANSEA, and some other good unis??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    I was just wondering why there aren't any sub-forums for PLYMOUTH, SURREY, SWANSEA, and some other good unis??
    Swansea is covered under the "Welsh Universities" subforum. Other university subfora are added according to demand, if there aren't a group of TSR people who attend or want to go to for example Plymouth then we'd just be adding a 'dead' subforum.

ReputationRep:
    O I C.

Could you plz tell me what is the minimum number of demands required for a new sub-forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Swansea is covered under the "Welsh Universities" subforum. Other university subfora are added according to demand, if there aren't a group of TSR people who attend or want to go to for example Plymouth then we'd just be adding a 'dead' subforum.

Surely Leicester is a popular and Redbrick University? But there is no sub forum for it!!

ReputationRep:
    same as Aston uni.

ReputationRep:
    Subforums aren't going to be added unless there is evidence they're gonna be used. AFAIK (and according to PQ's "Members at University" thread) there aren't many TSR people who attend/are applying to Aston uni etc. We could add every university in the country if we wanted to, but there would be little point unless at least 10 TSR Members are either attending said university or applying. If there is evidence of this (and already a few threads floating around for each uni), then subforum creation can be reviewed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.