Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Most of the time. I very rarely like the way I look in photos, but mirrors and reflective shop windows and so on usually make me look ok. I'd like my eyelashes to be longer, and not to look tired (I know I can do something about the latter). Sometimes I think my nose is an odd shape.
    Same for me I don't usualy like the way I look on pictures (apart from the one I posted just a little earlier). I always seem to be in the middle of saying something, or my eyes look like I need glasses lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
    Good idea, Flick! It makes it way more meaningful, if others can see you and what you think of yourself. I voted yes (although, I understand improvements could easily be made!)...
    comin from a guy (and not in a gay way) i can see why you would attract the girls. you are one of those stereotypical dark guys that girls appear to drool over. im complete opposite (blonde, blue eyes, slightly fair skin) and dont really know what to put bcoz it all depends on what the ladies think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    comin from a guy (and not in a gay way) i can see why you would attract the girls. you are one of those stereotypical dark guys that girls appear to drool over. im complete opposite (blonde, blue eyes, slightly fair skin) and dont really know what to put bcoz it all depends on what the ladies think
    Thanks... but my skin isn't that dark all year round! I wish it were, tho

Yeh, I agree - in that I don't particularly care how I look, but I do care what girls think of me! That's what most guys think, I reckon.

You should move to Asia - if you are blonde with blue eyes, you are about the most exotic guy possible to girls there! They would fall over themselves to get to you! And Asian women are so hot! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Id like non brown eye lids and no more dark circles under my eyes (they wont go no matter what, no amount of makeup hides them)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

I'd like my skin tone to be more even, but I actually quite like my facial features. I'm pretty symmetrical and it all fits together ok. I wouldn't go in for surgery or anything.

Damn skin tone though.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question...people suggest posting photos, but why would you post a photo if you considered yourself ugly?

ReputationRep:
    actully it's your face you have to live with it,surely sometimes IU have this oh my why i'm so ugly or I want some grey eye colour,but well i voted for yes
    if you had one thing to chage what would you change for me it would be my nose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    Just a question...people suggest posting photos, but why would you post a photo if you considered yourself ugly?
    You wouldnt, the people who have posted pics dont think their ugly

ReputationRep:
    You might secretly want people to say 'oh, you're not ugly'. Or you secretly know that you are ugly and want confirmation of it so you can stop all this self-doubt and get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory)
    Id like non brown eye lids and no more dark circles under my eyes (they wont go no matter what, no amount of makeup hides them)
    eat more fruits,less stress,enough sleeping hours and some eye dark thingie creams..good stuff dont use cheap and mnake them go worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    You wouldnt, the people who have posted pics dont think their ugly
    Yes, but it hardly constitutes balanced debate then

ReputationRep:
    Just a note to people not feeling happy with themselves. Try new styles, it often helps to feel better .

Two years ago I was really uncomfortable with the way I looked (I dreaded going up to the black board in front of my class of 35 people). I could never go up to people and speak to them (still have a few issues here, but I am woking on my self confidence, which is one of my weak points). So when I went to the hairdresser I decided to try something new, and I feel much more comfortable that way.

ReputationRep:
    You might secretly want people to say 'oh, you're not ugly'. Or you secretly know that you are ugly and want confirmation of it so you can stop all this self-doubt and get on with your life.
    Meh, well for my part I'd rather not inflict myself on people

ReputationRep:
    Then why is there a photo in your profile?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i like the way i look and other days i want to rip my face off.... weird?!

ReputationRep:
    Then why is there a photo in your profile?
    Godknows. I forgot about that. Please do not look.

EDIT: isn't there anymore, so no-one can call me hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm comfortable with my looks

ReputationRep:
    My face is fat in relation to my body, and no amount of dieting can shift it grr. Any chocolate bar will show up on my face the next day and uncomfortable situations such as camping cause it to swell up - how unfair is that!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! What an awfully negative choice of verb - I'm sure that you are lovely; no-one is that bad! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
    Ha! What an awfully negative choice of verb - I'm sure that you are lovely; no-one is that bad! :p:
    Heh, well, you'd be surprised. Obviously I'm just not attractive enough, so I'll spend my dotage with a cat. A blind one. Or something.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.