Examples For AS Level Politics Questions : Parliament

Watch
lilyalicelouise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Afternoon

Im searching for the web for some examples to use in my AS next week. However I was stumped when it came to the topic of Parliament. I was wondering if anybody could help me!

Examples needed

1) Examples for 'Strengths of Parliament'. Something for legitimation, scrutiny, representation, legislating, redress of grievances, deliberation.

2) Examples for 'Weaknesses of Parliament'. Something again for legitimation, scrutiny, representation, legislating, redress of grievances, deliberation, but in a negative way!

3) Examples for 'Functions of the House of Commons'. Something for legitimation, scrutiny, accountability, redress of grievances, law making, legislating.

4) Examples for 'Reform of the House of Commons'. Something to illustrate reform within procedure, select committees, dissolution, back bench power, electoral system, question time, prestige.

5) Examples for 'Roles of House of Lords'. Something for legislative role, scrutinising role, deliberative role, legitimating role, judicial role.

6) Examples of 'Reforms in the House of Lords'. Anything here is greatly appreciated!

7) Example of 'Failed Private Members Bill' (preferably at the Second Reading).

8) Example of a 'Standing Committee used for a Bill' at the Committee Stage (so it ceases to exist after the Bill is passed.)

9) Example of when the 'Parliament Act' has been used on a Bill.

10) Examples of 'The Role of MPs'. Something for the representative, the 'watchdog', the loyal party member, the 'trouble-shooter', the legislator.

I understand this is a mass of stuff. Even just suggesting something for one part of one question will help me greatly. Any links to news reports would be amazing.

Thank you so much!

xxx
mnc61
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am struggling finding examples too. I can't find anything on the web, until I found your post, hoping to get answers. Looks like you will have to ask your teacher and I don't think they will be able to help, since they only just do their job and nothing further than that (which includes going through the PowerPoint presentations FOR YOU just to find examples which were taught in the lesson).

Nothing is in the 'Essentials of UK Politics' book either.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mnc61)
I am struggling finding examples too. I can't find anything on the web, until I found your post, hoping to get answers. Looks like you will have to ask your teacher and I don't think they will be able to help, since they only just do their job and nothing further than that (which includes going through the PowerPoint presentations FOR YOU just to find examples which were taught in the lesson).

Nothing is in the 'Essentials of UK Politics' book either.
the books are outdated. the authors will only be releasing updated editions next year. So in the meantime you will have to study the textbook and google for recent examples.
mnc61
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
the books are outdated. the authors will only be releasing updated editions next year. So in the meantime you will have to study the textbook and google for recent examples.
There aren't examples in the book at all is what i was saying, regardless of whether it's outdated or not.

Also no matter how wide the web is.....there are no clear examples.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed