The Student Room Group

Your Worst Date

Since theres a thread about your ideal first date. I want to know what your worst experience of a date has been it doesnt have to be your first can be from any point in a relationship.

My worst date was the second time i met up with a guy since both of us had said how we felt about each other. He took me to meet his ex girlfriend and drive her around so she could sort her holiday plans out. I felt so awkward i wasnt even sure if he was seeing her at that point, i didnt know her and she wasnt the kind of girl i get on with. Very fashion concious, so i didnt really say much all day i hadnt got a clue what to say.

He said sorry after, since he noticed a change in my personality, went from being rather loud to not saying much all afternoon. Thought he did say he was still in love with her and if they had both been single they would have given it another go. I went home feeling very unsure about everything that day but put it down to paranoia.
Reply 1
Glory
My worst date was the second time i met up with a guy since both of us had said how we felt about each other. He took me to meet his ex girlfriend and drive her around so she could sort her holiday plans out.

To me that sounds like he just wanted to get her jealous. Definitely very selfish.

No offense intended.
Reply 2
flick
To me that sounds like he just wanted to get her jealous. Definitely very selfish.

He said it was just a favor for a friend and someone he cares about.. Im not with him anymore and aint been for the last 12 months.
Reply 3
I think my worst date was my first date with my current boyfriend. He took me to see 'Elf' in the cinema.

Worst.
Movie.
Ever.
Reply 4
My worst date was my first ever date, with the ex. She was 'fat', quite 'funny lookin' and psychotic. They are all her own words, except for psychotic. I mean I've always been kind to her and never called her any names at all although now, looking back, at reality, I see just how ****ed up she was.

I can do better. It was an okay date, as dates go, but still I'm upset about how much time and emotion I invested in a wreckage.
Reply 5
Kavanne
I think my worst date was my first date with my current boyfriend. He took me to see 'Elf' in the cinema.

Worst.
Movie.
Ever.

I saw that with a bf before.. :frown: I think i feel asleep....

My worst date was when i went out with my bf one day..and he then he broke up with me after the film! :mad: Oh well.. I can do soooo much better than him!! :eek: Do you ever wonder.."Why did I even like them??"
My worst date was when I was about 14- I asked a guy out totally on a looks basis and he agreed so we went to the cinema- he took me to see some 3 hour action movie (I hate action films) and he didn't even look over at me once, he was too busy stuffing his face with popcorn- I was so bored.
When we were waiting to be picked up afterwards we had to talk and it was like a Q&A:
me: have you got any pets then?
him: yeah a dog.
me: oh...where do you live?
him: Furzton.
me: oh...

And so on...
Reply 7
Cinemas are such a bad idea!
Reply 8
my worst date.I was working behind a bar and a gorgeous girl gave me her number. Couldnt believe my luck.

Anyway went for a drink with her and she barely said a word it was as one way converasation! I mean there is being shy and just having a lack of personality! The funniest part was she text me the next day and said what a great time she had! I never met her again no matter how good looking she was.
Mine was with my first boyfriend. He was a real sleaze & was all over me. We went up town & talked. All he wanted to talk about was sex, lol. Funnily enough, I dumped him a day or so after!
Reply 10
my worst date, was the the 1st date i had...went out wiv this girl i had known 4 over a year, but we kinda told eachother what we thought of eachother b4 we went out. Anyway took her to the cinema......was HELL...omg i was so nervous n shy, hadnt a clue what 2 do. The thing is, is that she was exactly the same, so we kinda sat there 4 two hours starring at the screen, not lookin or talkin 2 eachother at all. this kinda continued after we left the cinema aswell. OMG felt so awkward.

Anyway she called me the nxt day n told me we shud just be friends*cliche*

was so gutted, cos i knew we both liked eachother but we were both really nervous n shy aswell.

anyway i dnt recommend the cinema 4 a date 2 any1 else :eek: :frown: :mad: :confused: :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I had a client over the phone that sounded nice. I'm normally a goof judge of character, so set up a date to meet her. Went all the way to South London to meet her, pulled up in the road, saw her and put my foot on the metal to get the **** out of there.

Unfortunately she saw my car and started screaming 'I'm in front of you', to which I replied 'oh, didn't see you there'.

I spent the next 2 hours trying to drink myself to death to relieve myself from both her looks and her personality, which I seemed to so enjoy on the phone (actually I tell al lie, she just sounded nice).
I kissed a girl (first kiss :eek: ) at some party when I was about 12 or 13 - there was no conversation involved or anything :rolleyes:, but then she took my number at the end. This was just before the start of the summer holidays by the way. So anyway, I'd forgotten about it all and my uncle had arranged for this dude from Korea to come round for a week or two and stay with us to learn English (it was a favour to a friend of a friend or something). Anyway, so my phone rings and it's the girl asking if I want to go out for dinner. I had to accept (I was 12 dammit!) but I told her that I had this guy over. So she said she'd bring a friend.

Finally the big date with this girl whose name I barely knew. We went to Pizza Express and it was a nightmare of unimaginable proportions. Her friend was REALLY upset about something - still not sure what - and the Korean guy thought he had offended her. He could barely string 5 words together but was muttering away to himself and laughing at totally inappropriate moments (bless him). Turns out this girl and I had NOTHING in common so we struggled to make conversation and the wait for the pizzas to arrive seemed to span all eternity. The evening just went on and on. I can normally talk to anyone about anything - but this was something else.

Moral of the story: don't see someone again if you just got off with them and don't actually know them! Nightmare.

We never saw each other or spoke to each other again after that.
Reply 13
Kavanne

Worst.
Movie.
Ever.

i did that with my ex boyfriend as well, after we'd been together for about a month!
It was so bad it was funny tho! We looked around the cinema and we were basically the oldest people in the cinema not including parents :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Annik
My worst date was when i went out with my bf one day..and he then he broke up with me after the film! :mad: Oh well.. I can do soooo much better than him!! :eek: Do you ever wonder.."Why did I even like them??"

wow talk about coincidences on here lol. The last date I went on with my ex was to the cinema to see a scary film, (a japanese remake with Sarah Michelle gellar but cant remember the name of it now!!).
After it we went to the pub and he basically said he didnt want me anymore and that I "deserved better!"
I was crying my eyes out and everything as we walked back from the pub acting like a complete fool...

Annik
Do you ever wonder.."Why did I even like them??"

Yep!! ive only recently realised he was right and that yes I do deserve better than him :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 15
cinema for me too, with a meal before it... horrible just horrible
englishstudent
I kissed a girl (first kiss :eek: ) at some party when I was about 12 or 13 - there was no conversation involved or anything :rolleyes:, but then she took my number at the end. This was just before the start of the summer holidays by the way. So anyway, I'd forgotten about it all and my uncle had arranged for this dude from Korea to come round for a week or two and stay with us to learn English (it was a favour to a friend of a friend or something). Anyway, so my phone rings and it's the girl asking if I want to go out for dinner. I had to accept (I was 12 dammit!) but I told her that I had this guy over. So she said she'd bring a friend.

Finally the big date with this girl whose name I barely knew. We went to Pizza Express and it was a nightmare of unimaginable proportions. Her friend was REALLY upset about something - still not sure what - and the Korean guy thought he had offended her. He could barely string 5 words together but was muttering away to himself and laughing at totally inappropriate moments (bless him). Turns out this girl and I had NOTHING in common so we struggled to make conversation and the wait for the pizzas to arrive seemed to span all eternity. The evening just went on and on. I can normally talk to anyone about anything - but this was something else.

Moral of the story: don't see someone again if you just got off with them and don't actually know them! Nightmare.

We never saw each other or spoke to each other again after that.

lol

Latest

Trending

Trending