oleahi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Andrea8)
Congratulations! Maybe you can ask the university if the can change your offer to the Spanish bachillerato, I did that last year with Sheffield uni and they changed it. You just can try!
De donde eres?
Thanks!

Oh, I should definitely try it... As it's a Spanish school we kinda focus on Bachillerato...so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get high IB grades..

Pues soy Coreano llevo 2 anos aqui!
Advertisement
Andrea8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oleahi)
Thanks!

Oh, I should definitely try it... As it's a Spanish school we kinda focus on Bachillerato...so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get high IB grades..

Pues soy Coreano llevo 2 anos aqui!
Just like me, despite study both get high IB grade was quit difficult. I my school we didn't study the whole IB pragram, I mean just the necesary to get the diploma.

Coreano? Aniong kaseyo! Que tal llevas eso de estudiar en español?
oleahi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Andrea8)
Just like me, despite study both get high IB grade was quit difficult. I my school we didn't study the whole IB pragram, I mean just the necesary to get the diploma.

Coreano? Aniong kaseyo! Que tal llevas eso de estudiar en español?
Well it's quite difficult I would say... I having lot of difficulties with lengua and philosophy (though I find it really interesting the subject)
When I first came here it was a complete disaster because I had no idea of Spanish but now I'm okay! I get more or less good grades (but just like I said, it is difficult )
Advertisement
AlexJK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I go to a british school in Madrid and am British. A good 70% of my spanish friends do A levels and the rest do Bach, and trust me, the people doing bach are going to have a much harder job of getting into top UK universities than people doing A levels. There is a chart where you can easily get your UCAS points from your bach grade, but let's be honest. A university is going to choose a student doing IB over somebody doing bach as they have far more knowledge about it.
Also bach is just memorising rivers etc and is not as inclusive as the IB from what I have been told.
HyperInSugar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well...I am a student at Aloha College (that's in Marbella, Malaga) and I'm Spanish. I do the IB's and let me say it's great! Even though the workload is huge compared to the average two years of Bachilerato and that I'm taking the Acceso Directo thing (basically is like a reduced version of the normal Bach, but only focusing in two subjects) if you work well, it's really easy. In my opinion, if you are thinking in studying outside of Spain, then go for the IB, if not, do the regular Bachillerato.
Advertisement
OliKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Omg. Hello, finally someone like me! I’m bilingual as well and I live in Aragon. I do the double IB and Lomce course in Huesca, though with the daily commute of an hour and a half and the difficulty of the courses emphasised by my school’s incompetence, I honestly want to take my own life😂. I feel they couldn’t have made it any more difficult for me. I’ve phoned the British council a billion times asking if there was any way I could take normal A-Levels and they said no. How on earth have you managed to do them?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads