Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Why trial?

I was just thinking of tying him up to a post and letting people throw stones at him.
    If you do that then you are no better than they were. If I could, I would hold a fair and just trial that would give then appropriate sentences for their crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    If you do that then you are no better than they were. If I could, I would hold a fair and just trial that would give then appropriate sentences for their crimes.
    No-one could ever be as bad as Hitler was. Hitler wouldn't deserve to have a life-sentence in a nice warm prison anyway. The death sentence is also just too easy.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, tricky one...

i think i'd bring back... Socrates, or jesus.
    socrates so he could tell us just hwat he was actually on about, and to buy off him some of whatever he was smoking, then to throw stones at him.

jesus for same reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    No-one could ever be as bad as Hitler was. Hitler wouldn't deserve to have a life-sentence in a nice warm prison anyway. The death sentence is also just too easy.
    i think we should put him in a big pit and let every single jew catholic lesbian gay and those whose families helped the jews come and spit on him.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i think we should put him in a big pit and let every single jew catholic lesbian gay and those whose families helped the jews come and spit on him.....
    Yes...you'd slowly drown him like that. How nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Yes...you'd slowly drown him like that. How nice.
    exactly.....

ReputationRep:
    exactly.....
    Just because they were disgusting barbaric madman, it doesn't mean we should stoop down to that level as well. I feel the same about Saddam Hussien - he should be given a fair trial which will inevitably end up with a sentence of life imprisonment. I do not believe in the death penalty.

ReputationRep:
    Just because they were disgusting barbaric madman, it doesn't mean we should stoop down to that level as well. I feel the same about Saddam Hussien - he should be given a fair trial which will inevitably end up with a sentence of life imprisonment. I do not believe in the death penalty.
    I don't believe in the death penalty either, it's an easy way out. To me a life sentence where life actually means life would be much worse. Although i don't see how some form of public humiliation would be stooping down to his level. It's not exactly the same as killing 20 million russians, 6 million Jews and members from other social roups such as blacks, gypsies and homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't believe in the death penalty either, it's an easy way out. To me a life sentence where life actually means life would be much worse. Although i don't see how some form of public humiliation would be stooping down to his level. It's not exactly the same as killing 20 million russians, 6 million Jews and members from other social roups such as blacks, gypsies and homosexuals.
    Public humiliation would be in violation of the Geneva Convention which I believe should be completely adhered to under all circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Public humiliation would be in violation of the Geneva Convention which I believe should be completely adhered to under all circumstances.
    Maybe...but Hitler wasn't around during the time of the Geneva convention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Maybe...but Hitler wasn't around during the time of the Geneva convention :P
    Well you know what I mean.

I do agree that life imprisonment should mean you stay in prison until you die. With people like Saddam Hussien, I am sure this is what will happen.

I think it is sick that anyone (no matter what they have done) should be tortured and humilated in any way. If our governments subjected any of our POWs to that then they ARE as bad as Hitler and Stalin. Whether you do it to 1 person or 20 million, you are just as bad.

As with the death penalty, my problem is that you could possibly be putting someone to dealth who is actually innocent - which I belive has happened before. The other problem is that it is the easy way out - I know I would rather die then face the prospect of spending the next 50 years in a jail cell.

ReputationRep:
    i think hitler deserved far far worse than just a life imprisonment....our prisons are to comfortable for someone like that!

ReputationRep:
    i think hitler deserved far far worse than just a life imprisonment....our prisons are to comfortable for someone like that!
    So you condene acts of cruelty and brutality then?

ReputationRep:
    So you condene acts of cruelty and brutality then?
    no but in the us....prisoners get their own tv. i would love to be a prisoner....free disney channel for the rest of my life! PLUS in the US you are ALLOWEd to sue the prison for not having enough channels on your TV, or having to pay for pay per view.....hitler deserves a prison where it stinks and he gets very untasty edible food.....where he is in isolation, and where he has to watch specails about what he did to those people on the history channel until the day he dies!

ReputationRep:
    no but in the us....prisoners get their own tv. i would love to be a prisoner....free disney channel for the rest of my life! PLUS in the US you are ALLOWEd to sue the prison for not having enough channels on your TV, or having to pay for pay per view.....hitler deserves a prison where it stinks and he gets very untasty edible food.....where he is in isolation, and where he has to watch specails about what he did to those people on the history channel until the day he dies!
    Yes but you have many grades of prisons. Your maximum security prisons (which is where someone like Hitler / Stalin / Saddam would be held) keep all prisoners in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day. They have no form of entertainment and no luxeries.

ReputationRep:
    Or we could make him watch pop idol and big brother in a padded room so he can't kill himself.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you have many grades of prisons. Your maximum security prisons (which is where someone like Hitler / Stalin / Saddam would be held) keep all prisoners in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day. They have no form of entertainment and no luxeries.
    sure they do......humans rights activists would have a cow if they didnt

ReputationRep:
    sure they do......humans rights activists would have a cow if they didnt
    I saw a news documentary on some American serial killer and he was in a max security prison where he had no entertainment and no luxeries. To avoid infringing his human rights they had to give him 1 hours exercise a day which is all they did.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a news documentary on some American serial killer and he was in a max security prison where he had no entertainment and no luxeries. To avoid infringing his human rights they had to give him 1 hours exercise a day which is all they did.
    so? thats still a luxgery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Adolf Hitler. So we can bring him to justice and give him what he really deserves as opposed to his pathetic suicide.
    it is in the past, get over it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.