masjid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Whats your opinion about terrorism ? And Who is the terrorist ? and what is the criteria to know about terrorism?
nurse207
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
religions fault.:yep:
Cayrouse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nurse207)
religions fault.:yep:
This, as well as the presence of petrol in the middle east.

Ignorance (on both sides) and incentives are more than enough to start a war. Though luckily we may be about to win this one. well in Afghanistan in any case.
Casse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The war on terrorrism is a war on Islam. They use this term to decieve the masses and the sleeping Muslims.
skippy786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isreal and America are the terrorists!!
maxfire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by skippy786)
Isreal and America are the terrorists!!
Come up with a valid point next time you neg me.
skippy786
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, says the person, who replies "Islam, Islam and um...hmmm...oh...Islam"
lubus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
crazy arabs who keep blowing themselves up, spoiling the fun for everyone else.
Stomm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If we hadn't let those Saudi's keep their oil in the first place, then the rather extreme puritanical version of Islam that they practice there (akin to the with burning, Christmas banning Puritanism of Cromwell's England, and just look at all the wars that come from that...), then they wouldn't have been able to fund the spread of this version of Islam throughout the Islamic world and they wouldn't have been able to fund the terrorism in the first instance.

So, it's our fault for getting a bit ethical after WWII. if oil had been discovered and had great importance in the 1850s, then the gulf states would likely have been fought over, and most certainly would not have been allowed to go from being a bunch of barbaric nomads to filthy rich and all that entails.

Of course its also the Saudi's fault for being a bunch of hypocritical ******* in the first instance. Giving a barbarian a huge stack of cash does not civilise them, quite the reverse it seems...
JazzDemon
Report 10 years ago
With great power comes great paranoia = America
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ehh, terror is terror.

It used to be catholic with the IRA, now its muslim fractions.
I wonder what the next wave will be...
saalih
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what israel is doing in palestine is terrorism..

what u.s army & its allies are doing in afghanistan is terrorism.

what is happening in guantanamo bay is a form of terrorism
DJkG.1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by maxfire)
Islam, Islam and um...hmmm...oh...Islam.
This is the half of the attitude which has got the world in such a state today.

The other half is from the fanatics who need to retaliate.

Thanks for your contribution though. :yy:
maxfire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DJkG.1)
This is the half of the attitude which has got the world in such a state today.

The other half is from the fanatics who need to retaliate.

Thanks for your contribution though. :yy:
But you can't pretend that if Islam, or any religion for that matter, didn't exist, the world would be a much safer/threat-free place.
And if we don't retaliate, the terrorists are just going to see us as an easily-threatened nation, and continue terrorising us...if we do retaliate, they see that as provocation...

And don't use sarcasm, it makes you look thick, and I can tell you're not.
Moe Lester
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Islam, Islam and um...hmmm...oh...Islam. :yes:
This, the terrorism we see today is a lethal mix of a fanatical religon and years of meddling by the West in the middle east.
saalih
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But you can't pretend that if Islam, or any religion for that matter, didn't exist, the world would be a much safer/threat-free place.
And if we don't retaliate, the terrorists are just going to see us as an easily-threatened nation, and continue terrorising us...if we do retaliate, they see that as provocation...
on the contrary, the biggest murders and massacres were done by non religious people.....

and even today, the real terrorism is being spread non Muslims...
like.no.other.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Islam, Islam and um...hmmm...oh...Islam. :yes:
that's soooo incredibly ignorant.. do you really think that islam would be the fastest growing religion if it was a religion of terror? do you know what two muslims say to each other when they meet? "assalamu alaykum" - peace be upon you. it's just the extremists who take sentences from the quraan out of context and use it for their own ends. that's not even islam - what those people do it completely outside the boundaries of islam. you can call it islam or judaism or whatever you like - but it's just not out religion. unfortunately, the west tends to label all muslims based on the actions of a few. that's like saying all black people are poor and ignorant just because a few of them are, even though it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.
DJkG.1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate having to read this line. Without religion, we would all still be living in anarchy in caves - there would be far more threat in a lawless society. :rolleyes:

You can call religion redundant in the modern day but to say that religion has been harmful in the progression of man and the formation of society is quite well-estimably incorrect. If you look at the developments of democratic principles (unfortunately now lost) in the Islamic world during its Golden Age for example, a great deal of historians believe there to have been a lot of cultural flow towards the West which formed the basis of modern European liberal culture today.

The description "terrorist" used here is a very elusive concept. This is not a war on an orthodox army but an ideology - one which wishes to terrorise the West who are (rightfully or wrongly) blamed for their unhappy state of being.

The same terrorists don't strike more than once, so retaliating won't cause them to increase attacks but will see more people be called to the 'terrorist' ideology. I don't advocate sitting back and doing nothing either but that summary really oversimplifies the problem and potentially quite dangerously, sees pan-Arab / Islamist terrorism as a homogeneous body headed by one line of command, which it really is not.

And don't use sarcasm, it makes you look thick, and I can tell you're not.
Nah, I am quite thick. :indiff:
*MJ*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My name is Khan... And I am NOT a terrorist.
Moe Lester
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DJkG.1)
I hate having to read this line. Without religion, we would all still be living in anarchy in caves - there would be far more threat in a lawless society. :rolleyes:

You can call religion redundant in the modern day but to say that religion has been harmful in the progression of man and the formation of society is quite well-estimably incorrect. If you look at the developments of democratic principles (unfortunately now lost) in the Islamic world during its Golden Age for example, a great deal of historians believe there to have been a lot of cultural flow towards the West which formed the basis of modern European liberal culture today
Yeah but did that really have anything to do with Islam? I imagine socio-economic factors and individual genius played a much, much bigger role. The scientific revolutions in the 18th and 19th centuries in Europe had jack-**** to do with Christianity, in fact in many, many cases Christianity held people back, I imagine a similar case in the so called Islamic golden age (not a topic I claim to know much about).

Also....the Pre Christian Greco-Romans played very little emphasis on morality based religon, and yet they had fantastically well-ordered societies that were, considering the time, the complete opposite of anarchy. Inded Gibbons argues that the introduction of Christianity into the Roman Empire was one of the contributing factors to it's downfall. I would say the morals, ethics, legal codes and general frameworks and structures we recieved from the Greco-Roman period are much more important than any of Europe's Christian heritage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed