The Student Room Group

The Pill/Cilest and Boob growth

Hi!

I'm 22 and the fact that I'm only a 32a really gets me down...so much that I've never had a boyfriend. I would never have surgery and so a few months ago i decided to go on the pill to regulate my periods and I know it sounds shallow, but also to see if my boobs would get bigger. I'm on cilest and I've nearly finished my sixth packet. The thing is I don't think they have grown at all, maybe changed slightly in shape and it's actually making me really depressed. So, I just wanted to ask you all whether any breast growth you had on the pill was immediate or gradual?

Also, since I've been on the pill my vision has changed and I now need to wear glasses for studying and driving. Has anyone experienced this side effect, particularly in relation to cilest?
I used to take Cilest and found that my boobs definitely grew (although I started taking it when I was 17 so could have been down to a late growth spurt), and it happened quite quickly. It's not going to happen for everyone though and to be honest, the thing with your eyesight sounds a bit scary. I've changed pills a couple of times because of unwanted side effects, but that sounds like something pretty serious and it might be worth trying another pill. I've never heard of the pill affected eyesight so it's probably worth getting that checked out.

Also, don't worry about your boobs! Be confident in yourself, guys prefer that over massive boobs any day, and when you find someone who likes you, trust me, they will love your boobs no matter what size they are!
MLP1988
Hi!

I'm 22 and the fact that I'm only a 32a really gets me down...so much that I've never had a boyfriend. I would never have surgery and so a few months ago i decided to go on the pill to regulate my periods and I know it sounds shallow, but also to see if my boobs would get bigger. I'm on cilest and I've nearly finished my sixth packet. The thing is I don't think they have grown at all, maybe changed slightly in shape and it's actually making me really depressed. So, I just wanted to ask you all whether any breast growth you had on the pill was immediate or gradual?

Also, since I've been on the pill my vision has changed and I now need to wear glasses for studying and driving. Has anyone experienced this side effect, particularly in relation to cilest?

I'm the same age and boobsize (no guys have ever found this a problem or even commented on it btw), and my boobs grew LOADS on Cilest. Like two cup sizes and a back size in two weeks. It was AGONY, seriously, so extremely sore, be glad it didn't happen to you! They shrunk right back down again as soon as I came off it, anyway. Different pills affect different women in different ways - not everyone has the same side-effects (otherwise everyone would take it as some magical boob medicine). If your body shape is really seriously affecting your mental wellbeing, then you should see your GP. The glasses thing is most likely just a coincidence, don't worry, but mention it to your GP if you're worried.
I'm on cilest...have been for 6 months now. No boob growth at all, I'm afraid to say (I keep hoping haha).
Go to the doctors about your eyes =/ I'm on my third pill now because of unwanted side affects...nothing wrong with changing =]
Mine gradually grew 1-2 cup sizes over a year. I've never heard of it changing your eyesight though - go to the doctor.

The only negative side effect I've had is reduced sex drive :frown:
Reply 5
i'm on cilest and have just finished my first packet and already i'm thinking about coming off it purely because of the amount of period pain i had last night, i was barely able to move, it was crippling, i have never had anything like it before.
I have definitely got bigger on my chest as well, already.
Reply 6
I have found the same , my breast have increase by at least 3 cup sizes and my periods are horrible
I feel like boobs for women, are like the penis for guys. I actually think that girls with small boobs have nicer personalities (in general of course, not always the case), and I like that over big boobs any day.

Quick Reply

Latest