Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My parents have just come back from one of their French day trip, they do this every now and then to get stuff for cheaper with their friends who go over purely for ciggerettes.

Well when they came back tonight I was in utter shock when I saw my dad carry in not just 1 or 2 crates of beer but 9 :eek: !!!! Not only that but also 3 big bottles of wiskey and 2 100cl bottles of Bacardi (the Bacardis however are mine and I know it cause they only buy it for me).

I know my dad drinks WAY to much but buying 9 crates of beer when he still has 1 thats unopened and is halfway through another crate at the moment as it is before he got them . His explination was that they were like £2-3 cheaper per crate than in England but even though it doesn't explain why he got so many. The only reason I'm not saying anything to him to much about it is that I really want my Bacardi for when I get my AS and GCSE results for the party I'm going to be having.

Anyway the point of this was that I'm wondering if anyone else, like me, thinks that my dad has a serious drinking problem?

P.S just to help you decide he drinks at least one beer a day, useually 2 and will drink more if he gets the chance (if he manages to sneak it past my ma in other words and he does this alot more than I think should be possible). Thanks. Peace and love to you all .

ReputationRep:
    My dad drinks roughly about 4 cans a night, and about treble that three nights a week...

But I still wouldn't call him alcoholic...

I wouldn't worry about your dad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    My dad drinks roughly about 4 cans a night, and about treble that three nights a week...

But I still wouldn't call him alcoholic...

I wouldn't worry about your dad...

Both of your parents are alcoholics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Both of your parents are alcoholics.
    Both of mine?? :confused:

Or my dad and her dad??

Because you don't even know my mum!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    Both of mine?? :confused:

Or my dad and her dad??

Because you don't even know my mum!! :eek:

Both dads.

ReputationRep:
    Strange... I wouldn't have said he was...

ReputationRep:
    No, definitely. Although in the UK people drink more than people in the US do, yeah 4 a day...definitely.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, not sure being an alcoholic is how much you drink, just that you can't control how much you drink. Same as gambling a lot of money when you have lots of money would not be a gambling addict (though its pretty stupid), maybe your dad(s) can just hold their drink and enjoy it. Its when they can't not drink or do without for a few days thats the problem. Im sure its fine.

ReputationRep:
    Its important to remember that in our parents and grandparents generation having 3 pints a day isnt an abnormal thing. So unless he's hiding his booze gets uncoherantly drunk, cant sleep, is missing work and havinga lack of focus in life sounds like a he's ok and that he should send me one of those nice bottles of whiskey my way for reassuring his child

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.