Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh. i found tat iam not on the main queens lane site though iam a freshie. All freshies are supposed to be housed there. any idea why is this so? can it be a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's because your age classes you as a Mature student?

ReputationRep:
    oh..it was just confusion. she thought i was a graduate student. Hence the confusion. Thanks ardea.

ReputationRep:
    Noe that i Have clarified that Iam an undergrad, i get this from her, to my dismay.

Dear Faiz

I'm afraid it is not possible to move into your room before 6th October. If you contact the Admissions Secretary he may be able to be of further help.

Leanne Pugh-Jones
    Accommodation Officer
    St Edmund Hall
    Oxford OX1 4AR
    01865 (2)79015

I find it quite surprising that I cannot move in even during my orientation!

ReputationRep:
    ANd i have just emailed the admin sec. and got an automated reply saying he wont be at office till 15 aug. How great a day is tat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmfaiz)
    ANd i have just emailed the admin sec. and got an automated reply saying he wont be at office till 15 aug. How great a day is tat?
    it could be worse... he might have referred you to the accommodation officer.

ReputationRep:
    thats true as well. But he already did that the first time around.

ReputationRep:
    If he won't be there until the 15th then you might want to go back to the first person you talked to, and tell her that you need to know so you can make arrangements, she'll probably ring him up . They're really not a bad bunch of people, they'll do they're best to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks focker. Will do tat. Hope this is not true. i mean, no housing even during orientation? that cant be true rite.

ReputationRep:
    are you singaporean? if you're desperate i have a house near the railway station, no facilities i think as yet, but it beats the sidewalk any day.but it shouldn't be a problem, as far as i recall the teddy hall people last year didn't have any trouble when they arrived a little early.

ReputationRep:
    Nope tanncmi. I am actually an Indian Citizen but iam a Singapore PR. have been in singapore for a very long time and am coming on sing govt. scholarship as well. You HAVE a house????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmfaiz)
    Nope tanncmi. I am actually an Indian Citizen but iam a Singapore PR. have been in singapore for a very long time and am coming on sing govt. scholarship as well. You HAVE a house????
    Cool!

My mum's Indian malay - but I've only been there a couple of times. Haven't yet got to Singapore, but I've been to Kuala Lumpur and all around the peninsula. My dad's English, though, and I've lived here all my life. (so I don't bercakap bahasa Melayu... in fact I speak a little bit more Punjabi than I do Malay!)

Best of luck with Oxford (have you made your offer already?) - hope to see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Yttrium, Yes. A level results in singapore were reelased in March this year as we took our exams in Nov last year. SO i have met my offer and confirmed my place, gotten my visa, my ticket and everything. Except my accomodation.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.