The Student Room Group

Lost Certificates,,,

A friend of mine is starting her A2 year this September and basically she's lost her Math’s GCSES Certificate and she's asked me for advice and I really don't know how to help.

We went to the same high school and our head of year as well as head teacher AND! tutor have all left she's predicted the same as me in As Levels and to be honest we've got 5As in everything but name when you actually fill in your UCAS form and you enter in all your qualifications including your GCSE'S when you actually put in the qualifications you have achieved which will DEFINTLETY include 5AS levels at A grade do you actually take your GCSE certificates to any university interviews or are they satisfied with your college confirming your results?

And if so is there any way you can get a replacement certificate?

Thanx
Reply 1
Tell her to talk to her tutor/head of sixth form or whatever and they will get in contact with the exam board and as they keep records of the grades and people they will be able to send out another one. A friend of mine had a similar problem and they sorted it for her.
Reply 2
oh yeah and ucas get in contact with the exam boards anyway for confirmation of grades...at least thats what i've heard.
most colleges photo copy results when you first start in your AS year. Does her college or school have photocopies?

I used the photocopies for evidence of results until i was able to get hold of new copies.
Reply 4
Ok thanks... when she comes to appy for Uni which will be next year it will be three years since she took the actual GCSE which is why everybody thinks it will be a problem. Well at the time that particuliar Gcse wasn't needed for her college place and its not at all relavent to the degree she wants to do (POLITICS/LAW) so she hasn't been worried about it until now and its me! who getting all the greif lol.

I don't really want to tell her to lie on the form becuase if she gets caught out its me who will get a ear bashing lol but i no of quite a few people! who got average GCSE results and lied on there UCAS and are now SITTING IN (Cam. LSE. an Imperial) however they did get straight A's in there AS levels and A's in there A2 predictions.

Sighs i really don't know what to do ? tell her to lie? which is all she can do if ucas don't have her on record unless she sits the Gcse again.
Reply 5
Replacement certificate websites (not sure which exam board you are following, so I posted all of them down):

AQA - http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-examrecords.pdf
OCR - http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/Data/Publication/Forms/Applicatio52136.pdf
Edexcel - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/80126/22_Form_28.pdf
Reply 6
DemonDemonic
Sighs i really don't know what to do ? tell her to lie? which is all she can do if ucas don't have her on record unless she sits the Gcse again.

Sorry - why does she need to lie? If she sat the GCSE and has just lost the certificate then putting it down on the form isn't lying! As people have said, you can contact the exam boards and they should be able to provide a replacement certificate, though to be honest she may be fine without. I didn't have to provide any exam certificates or anything when I enrolled - it just depends on the university. Probably a good thing to have though in case she does need it for enrolling, or in the future.
Jenn xx
Reply 7
OMG i didn't read ur replies properley i had no idea that replacement certifs were possible when u took the GCSE as lil while ago.

What i ment about lying was basicley stating that you had the GCSE when u actualy didn't incase they don't have her on record because when she applys it withh be three years since she took the Gcse so i thought it would be rather unlikey,

They should have her on record so im sure she'll be fine thanx
Reply 8
I provided some links in my previous post for replacement certificates. You need to pay for them. Remember to provide some documents as an ID. The form will say some examples of documents as an ID.
Reply 9
If you lie on your ucas form ucas can terminate your application

Latest

Trending

Trending