retaking a levels in university? how? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Econ4m1t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
IF I WANT TO GO TO UNIVERSITY this year...and then still retake a few maths modules in january 2006 to put up my a level...what do i have to do?
<A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If your place is confirmed in either UCL or Manchester, or if you can gain admission in another uni through Clearing, then you don't need to retake any A' level modules to improve your grade coz you would be already studying the degree programme in the uni.

Nevertheless, if you can manage to prepare yourself for your Maths retake then you can register as a private student in British Council and sit for Jan'06 exams. However, you'll need to retake all 6 units to get another grade next year. If you've a plan to decline your summer A' level Maths grade (incase, you don't get your desired grade) then your uni might not let you do so becoz they'll be confirming your place based on your 3 A' level grades. So, in this case, you should talk to the admissions tutor for the possibility of declining your grades.
Econ4m1t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks...will do
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed