The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Common spiders in england aren't poisonous so i think you'll be ok,
Reply 2
when i get bitten i always get a rash or swelling, and they always itch till i cant bear it! i dont think its poisonous or anything but you might have had an allergic reaction or something. maybe it would be worth going to the pharmacy and asking them for a cream or taking an antihistamine.
Reply 3
when you get bit by flys or things, it goes red and itches also, i think its the bodys defence against it. Im sure theres nothing to worry about.
Reply 4
Ok this will probably just worry you but i think i should say. When i was on holiday in texas a couple of weeks ago my sister got bitten by a spider. (A brown recluse) She went to the doctor and got antibiotics and is fine now but from talking to other people it could have been really bad and one person who i talked to knew someone who died from a brown recluse bite. Im sure yours isnt anything like that but i would go see a doctor anyway just to check
Reply 5
Yes..in Texas....we are in England and we dont have poisonous spiders...... If you get bitten of course it will itch and go red.
Reply 6
flyboy123
Ok this will probably just worry you but i think i should say. When i was on holiday in texas a couple of weeks ago my sister got bitten by a spider. (A brown recluse) She went to the doctor and got antibiotics and is fine now but from talking to other people it could have been really bad and one person who i talked to knew someone who died from a brown recluse bite. Im sure yours isnt anything like that but i would go see a doctor anyway just to check

lol brown recluses arent actually common in England , so I dont think he was bitten by one :rolleyes: . If I saw a brown recluse on my foot (PICTURE ) Im pretty sure I would be a bit more worried than a common spider. :biggrin:
Reply 7
LOL it definately werent one of them things just looked like a big house spider. i didnt even think house spiders could bite you.
Reply 8
They've all got teeth...
Reply 9
Yeah I got bitten a couple of weeks ago, but I was sleeping so I didnt feel it. It swell up a bit and was extremly itchy but I just avoided the temptation to scratch it and it soon went down.
Reply 10
theyre a hell of a lot smaller than that picture shows. Theyre about 8/8 of an inch long and most of the time you dont realise its there till after it bites you ubt i know that there arnt any in england. My point was that you should get it checked by a doctor
did you notice any super powers this morning?
Reply 12
was probabily a wolf spider, there harmless but on the rather large size.
Reply 13
gordon2002
did you notice any super powers this morning?

Come to think of it, i was swinging from building to building on the way to work this morning........
rt6
lol brown recluses arent actually common in England , so I dont think he was bitten by one :rolleyes: . If I saw a brown recluse on my foot (PICTURE ) Im pretty sure I would be a bit more worried than a common spider. :biggrin:

bloomin' heck
Reply 15
flyboy123
theyre a hell of a lot smaller than that picture shows. Theyre about 8/8 of an inch long and most of the time you dont realise its there till after it bites you ubt i know that there arnt any in england. My point was that you should get it checked by a doctor

oic. Either way, brown recluse not common in England so it was unlikely he got bitten by one. Also, if you google image "Brown recluse", you get to see the effects of the bite (warning, you might find some a bit nasty), and Im sure he hasnt got those bites.
bean69
Come to think of it, i was swinging from building to building on the way to work this morning........

that's good to hear! But instead, your web comes out of your feet right?
gordon2002
that's good to hear! But instead, your web comes out of your feet right?

We need a superhreo these days anyway... :biggrin:
Reply 18
flyboy123
theyre a hell of a lot smaller than that picture shows. Theyre about 8/8 of an inch long
hence the coin it's standing over...
Sure it wasnt a camel spider?

Latest

Trending

Trending