The Student Room Group

Higher Computing Prelim

Hi there,

Has anyone here sat the Higher Computing Prelim yet? And if so, was it the Perfect Papers or P&N paper? Can anyone give me any information on the paper as I am struggling a bit with my revision! Thanks.
Reply 1
By SQA law the only correct answer to this thread is: in the paper there were questions, and I wrote some answers. :colonhash:
Reply 2
Law? Would it be illegal to say anything about it?
Reply 3
roonaldo78910
Law? Would it be illegal to say anything about it?

I believe it was a reference to the SQA's guidelines regarding exams. You might want to read their handy booklet explaining this.

Anyway, your centre gets to choose what prelim it gives you. Many centres decide to opt for commercially made prelim papers made by companies like Perfect Papers or P&N. Heck, they might even decide to write their own prelims - as long as the result is something which examines your knowledge of the subject - in this case, Computing.

I can tell you that my SQA centre opted for a Perfect Papers prelim, and I can also tell you that that prelim was absolutely terrible - far from a "perfect" paper - because they worded the questions poorly, and because they got the flipping marking scheme wrong as well.

But I can't tell you what paper - or what questions - your centre will give you, I'm afraid. My advice is that you revise well - your centre will presumably be able to help you revise - and make sure you know enough about Computing to at least be able to do the official SQA past papers.

Good luck, anyhow! :smile:
Reply 4
Could you give a slight hint towards what to revise? Or PM me it? :P
Reply 5
I think every school sits a different prelim (because the school buys them from various companies or makes them up)
Reply 6
My school never uses pefect papers because to be honest, they are awful. Mistakes EVERY year in questions, marking schemes, even time limits on some papers. P&N are in general very good, very solid representations of sqa papers. They are the "Prefered Choice" by SQA even though it isn't official.
Reply 7
Our teacher just gave us old PP questions, none of my prelims can really be used for appeals...
Reply 8
i passed my prelim
Anyone done the higher computing science prelim?
Original post by Lewis H01
Anyone done the higher computing science prelim?

Got mine very soon!
Original post by Ethan100
Got mine very soon!

Which day mate?
Original post by Lewis H01
Which day mate?

This upcoming monday :smile:
Original post by Ethan100
This upcoming monday :smile:

Alright, what units have you done so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending