Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    CAn someone give out a rep?It will be my present

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    They think that because its communication with Oddyssey (stupid American piece of ****) was never tested, the message from Beagle's weak transmitter didn't get relayed to the Earth station by Oddyssey as it should have been.

So what they're going to do is get Mars Express (European spacecraft) into an orbit around Mars to talk to Beagle 2 because they know that if Beagle 2 landed safely it will be able to talk with Mars Express.

Also at about 10 tonight when the rotation of Mars and the Earth are correct, they will use the huge radio telescope at Jodrell Bank to scan the sky for anything coming straight from Beagle 2, if they don't find anything then the hopes aren't good.
    What actually happened? The communications aren't being picked up by Oddysey? Is beagle capable of sending transmissions or is that not working properly either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    heyy,that 24hour thing keeps showing up on mine i havent given anyone rep in the last 24hours! dont worry Ralfi,ill give it as soon as that message buggers off!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Thanks!
    noo problem,right, well im off to have my christmas lunch. Seeya Later!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Bye, have a good one.

ReputationRep:
    They think that because its communication with Oddyssey (stupid American piece of ****) was never tested, the message from Beagle's weak transmitter didn't get relayed to the Earth station by Oddyssey as it should have been.

So what they're going to do is get Mars Express (European spacecraft) into an orbit around Mars to talk to Beagle 2 because they know that if Beagle 2 landed safely it will be able to talk with Mars Express.

Also at about 10 tonight when the rotation of Mars and the Earth are correct, they will use the huge radio telescope at Jodrell Bank to scan the sky for anything coming straight from Beagle 2, if they don't find anything then the hopes aren't good.
    ok thanks.Im worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    bye enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    What actually happened? The communications aren't being picked up by Oddysey? Is beagle capable of sending transmissions or is that not working properly either?
    Oh.

Well.

They should have got a message this morning from it to say it had landed and set up properly. (It's actually a piece of music composed by Blur.)

Beagle 2 doesn't have a transmitter that can reach the mission control properly, so instead it broadcasts the short distance to the Oddyssey orbiter above which relays it back to Earth and boosts the signal so we can receive it.

They're going to see tonight if Beagle is transmitting at all. All they know at the moment is that either Beagle is screwed up (could have not landed properly and be scattered across the landscape, could be a minor software fault) or the Oddyssey satellite isn't properly receiving the communication and passing it on to earth. Hopefully, the latter will be true because then Mars Express can do it instead of Oddyssey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3344693.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    bye enjoy it
    I just had my lunch. Yum yum.

I'm not the kind of person to hang around for too long afterwards and watch my dad picking every little bit of meat he can off the turkey bone.

ReputationRep:
    Oh.

Well.

They should have got a message this morning from it to say it had landed and set up properly. (It's actually a piece of music composed by Blur.)

Beagle 2 doesn't have a transmitter that can reach the mission control properly, so instead it broadcasts the short distance to the Oddyssey orbiter above which relays it back to Earth and boosts the signal so we can receive it.

They're going to see tonight if Beagle is transmitting at all. All they know at the moment is that either Beagle is screwed up (could have not landed properly and be scattered across the landscape, could be a minor software fault) or the Oddyssey satellite isn't properly receiving the communication and passing it on to earth. Hopefully, the latter will be true because then Mars Express can do it instead of Oddyssey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3344693.stm
    they need to let mars express try if it was made to give a signal to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    they need to let mars express try if it was made to give a signal to that
    Yup.

They're getting it in position to do that, apparently.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.