Turn on thread page Beta

Is this a good choice? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Accounting at university, and I was wondering if my subject combination was a good one for me to do this..I'm taking:
    - Maths (Statistics)
    - Business Studies
    - Human Biology
    - Psychology
    Do you think unis will be willing to offer me a place with these? (Depending on my final grades, of course).

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Can you do Economics instead of business though?

Biology is way more exciting that human biology, btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    I think so. Can you do Economics instead of business though?
    I would say the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    I would say the same.
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    I also agree, also I thought Psychology sucked. Its a realy easy subject if you can remeber facts but just so dull. I dont know if all exam boards are the same (I think I was on edexcel) but we had to basically just know 6 approaches, each with
    2 key assumptions
    at least 2 theories
    at least 2 studies
    at least 1 contemporary issue and
    at least 1 Key application

and that was the LEAST you could expect from an approach, very little practical or anything of any intrest realy, but if you put some work in very easy to come out with an A.

ReputationRep:
    We can only do an AS in Economics..Thanks for your opinions guys! I may actually consider changing from Human Bio to just normal Bio.

ReputationRep:
    The subjects you chose are great, as the 4 subjects are in different disipline and it is balanced. If you find it too much, you could drop one subject at the end of year 12. Most universities will make their offers with 3 A-levels. If you have 4, they might change the offer a bit. Depends on the universities you are applying to. Some of my friends done 4 A-levels, and their offer details were to achieve a certain grade with anay 3 A-levels.

If you decide to drop one of your 4 A-levels at the end of year 12, you could pick up AS Economics. Therefore you would have, 3 A-levels and 2 AS's (a subject you dropped and Economics). That is find for university entrance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    We can only do an AS in Economics..Thanks for your opinions guys! I may actually consider changing from Human Bio to just normal Bio.
    You could always carry on with your other 3 subjects to A2 and just do an AS in economics then, or if you really wanted to, you could teach yourself the A2.

ReputationRep:
    Would further maths be an advantage for accounting? It's just people with history degrees can be become accountants, so I wondered if a great deal of mathematial knowledge is needed. Most other maths subjects further maths would be sought after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmoose)
    Would further maths be an advantage for accounting? It's just people with history degrees can be become accountants, so I wondered if a great deal of mathematial knowledge is needed. Most other maths subjects further maths would be sought after.
    No I dont think so. Most unis dont specify it. If you are good and like maths then you can do further maths, but you dont have to. Better do do maths, econ and some other subject that you like.

ReputationRep:
    I think I actually might consider teaching myself the A2 in Economics, as it would not be possible for me to pick it up in year 13 as the AS itself is done over the two years of 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths certainly looks good. Contrary to popular belief, it is not just a little extension of Maths A-Level.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.