Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If we went to war with pakistan, (and lets say they were equal in military power) could we really trust muslims to fight for Britian rather than pakistan?
    Certainly not Pakistani muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    If you question the validity of the 95% (Probably an exaggeration to prove a point), I suggest you ask Mizzy.
    Yes the 95% figure was just that - an exaggeration to prove a point.

I think my point has been misunderstood. I'm not saying that white British people don't accept ethnic minorities, or that they feel they should not be allowed citizenship, I just feel that most white people in this country would not truly accept a non-white person as "British"....and there is nothing wrong with that, that is my point.

But then those white people can't go around whinging about how ethnic minorities feel no loyalty to Britain blah blah blah....You just can't have it both ways. At the end of the day, it is a fact that the overwhemling majority of ethnic minorities in this country do feel loyalty to Britain. This is a country that is their home, they have chosen to live here, this is a country that has given them opportunities in life. If, tomorrow, Germany waged war with Britain, then of course these "ethnic minorites" would fight for Britain to save their homes etc.

But if, for example, Britain decided to invade India tomorrow, then i can bet my life that 99.99999& of British-Indians would not fight for Britain...

But would any of you actually expect them to fight for Britain as opposed to their homeland? Is this the sort of loyalty that you expect of immigrants? Coz thats ********....

But yes, ethnic minorities do feel loyalty to Britain. Most are law abiding citizens, who pay taxes to this governement, who contribute to the functioning of the country etc etc..."practical loyalty" as the threadstarter stated.

So when you all go on about loyalty that ethnic minorities should have to Britain, think about to what extent you are talking about....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    If we went to war with pakistan, (and lets say they were equal in military power) could we really trust muslims to fight for Britian rather than pakistan?
    Despite being of Pakistani descent, I would fight for Britain if I felt the cause was just. (i.e. unlike the Iraq war).

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.