Turn on thread page Beta

The "I got a Digital Camera for Christmas and want to play around with it" thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I am the thread starting king :cool:

Wicked thread, Kildare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Yeh cambridge is my first choice but hard to tell how the interview went. I love neuroscience (read alot about it)- so if you don't make medicine then that's a great insurance!
    Wow..Cambridge. Best of luck! If you get in there you're sorted. I'm sure you already know that though. Where else have you applied?#

PS- You're sorta like me with psychology..I have an interest in it..read about it whenever I can but chose not to study it..therefore it remains an interest rather than a chore.

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied for Wadham - got turned down but then got into my 2nd choice college which was Jesus.

I knew nooooooooothing about Jesus, I didn't even go their on the open day it sounded old, dull, traditional, and also religious :P. Anyway on the interview i went there and i have to say i really liked it ( i mean i would say this after they offered me a place!!) but honestly i thought it was good plus it has better facilities than wadham (or so they claimed!!).

Oh also entomology and marine biology are two other interests of mine.

ReputationRep:
    How about you which areas interest you and also which A levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    I think genetics are amazing, complex but amazing, and so much potential!!

Same hear. I've read quite a few books on genetics. It's such a great subject to start learning and this is the best time to begin- 50 years after discovery of structure of DNA and after all of the foundation work has been done- genome sequencing and all that. I was asked loads of weird questions about genetics in my cambridge interview and I found them really difficult to answer- all about whether the y chromosome will become extinct and SRY genes, and then loads of stuff on microarrays and testing for genes in rats. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How about you which areas interest you and also which A levels are you doing?
    Wow you seem like quite a bright chap. Did you get pooled (hence your offer at Jesus?). I agree with you that genetics has a lot of potential. Generally, the whole of biotechnology has a lot of potential. I hear there is now a degree in nanotechnology in fact!! My interests..hmm... I would say its neuroscience more than anything else.. and biochemistry. Studying both A levels, the connections you meet are amazing. Like the how optical isomerism links to enzymes..etc. Its like..wow..the whole earth is just..science. EVERYTHING we do has something to do with science. That is just real fascinating. I hope to use my scietific skills to improve not only the quantity but more importantly the quality of life of others.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, in my wadham interview this happened! However with Jesus I did not mention it and I breezed through other topics.

One aspect I don't like is photosynthesis, I find it really dry, its pretty much just learning... (so far).

ReputationRep:
    Same here, in my wadham interview this happened! However with Jesus I did not mention it and I breezed through other topics.

One aspect I don't like is photosynthesis, I find it really dry, its pretty much just learning... (so far).

Yeh it sucks. And respiration. Pretty much all of the biology you learn at Alevel is boring. What AS subjects did you take and what were your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    Wow you seem like quite a bright chap. Did you get pooled (hence your offer at Jesus?). I agree with you that genetics has a lot of potential. Generally, the whole of biotechnology has a lot of potential. I hear there is now a degree in nanotechnology in fact!! My interests..hmm... I would say its neuroscience more than anything else.. and biochemistry. Studying both A levels, the connections you meet are amazing. Like the how optical isomerism links to enzymes..etc. Its like..wow..the whole earth is just..science. EVERYTHING we do has something to do with science. That is just real fascinating. I hope to use my scietific skills to improve not only the quantity but more importantly the quality of life of others.
    Thanks, I am quite good at creating a facade of intelligence!! I had interviews at both colleges I also had a third choice college which did not interview me. I would like to think Jesus picked me for my merits rather than myself being selected as best from a pool. However to be honest I don't know, and don't mind .

Chiral carbons optical isomerism.. the world is your oyster!! MY friend is doing bio-chem, and he keeps telling me how fascinating it is.

For interest my A-levels are:

Russian, Biology, Chemistry, History and I have also started AS maths.

So a mad russian scientist perhaps!! Incedently I am not russian but irish instead .

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, i know i'm kinda late (no change there then :rolleyes: ) but...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    hi guys, i know i'm kinda late (no change there then :rolleyes: ) but...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas.... although I think it's boxing day, now.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I am quite good at creating a facade of intelligence!! I had interviews at both colleges I also had a third choice college which did not interview me. I would like to think Jesus picked me for my merits rather than myself being selected as best from a pool. However to be honest I don't know, and don't mind .

Chiral carbons optical isomerism.. the world is your oyster!! MY friend is doing bio-chem, and he keeps telling me how fascinating it is.

For interest my A-levels are:

Russian, Biology, Chemistry, History and I have also started AS maths.

So a mad russian scientist perhaps!! Incedently I am not russian but irish instead .
    Wow..impressive..hey fellas..I'm knackered and will be heading off to bed now.. Hope you had a good Christmas..

Peace

Take Care

John

PS - GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!! Hope you get into your first choice unis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    Wow..impressive..hey fellas..I'm knackered and will be heading off to bed now.. Hope you had a good Christmas..

Peace

Take Care

John

PS - GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!! Hope you get into your first choice unis!

Thanks, cya later!

ReputationRep:
    Happy "The Office" Day.

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas.... although I think it's boxing day, now.
    Aww, shucks, so it is. Like i said, i'm always late...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    Happy "The Office" Day.
    Woohoo!!

ReputationRep:
    Adios Amigos I'm off also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    Happy "The Office" Day.

YES! I'm so excited! I got Ricky Gervais Stand-up DVD today and its bloody brilliant! Ive already seen it twice.

ReputationRep:
    Adios Amigos I'm off also!

See you later!

ReputationRep:
    YES! I'm so excited! I got Ricky Gervais Stand-up DVD today and its bloody brilliant! Ive already seen it twice.
    yeh, i've loved him since he was on the 11 o'clock show on c4. Wonder what he's gonna do next? I reckon a really good twist would be to end the episodes telling us that they'll carry on, that'll be a big twist.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.