Neogatiable salery advice wanted Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
A job agency has phoned and wants to know what salery I would expect for this job, the advert said pay £5-£7.50 an hour, I was on £7.50 on my last job which was very similier.

I don't want to say sell myself short but if I say £7.50 will it put them off? At the moment I am earning nothing so anything is a bonus. Should I compromise and say £6 an hour? The jobs also only part time with a view to becoming full time.
1Michael
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd let them know what you said there - how your last job was similar and it was £7.50 p/h. If they sound they are put off by that then ask them what salary they would expect to be paying and negotiate something on that.

Goood luck
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would ask for £7.50. As a negotiable salary is dependant on age, qualifications and experience; and you have a degree and work experience, it seems right that you ask for the upper end of the scale
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well I am virtualy 23. They are going to say I want between £12-£16k so I will have work somthing out if I get an interview. I have been short listed down to 8 so hopefully I have a chance o getting an interview.
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Well I am virtualy 23. They are going to say I want between £12-£16k so I will have work somthing out if I get an interview. I have been short listed down to 8 so hopefully I have a chance o getting an interview.
If you get an interview and they ask about salary, I would recommend going for £16k. As you are almost 23, and a graduate, this is a reasonable request to make ( as well as showing confidence in your abilities).

Good luck with getting an interview
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads