The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Vice Chancellor's Excellence Awards

I wondered how many people have received the stuff from Exeter about applying for the 'Vice Chancellor's Excellence Awards'?

It seems to be aimed at people likely to get 3As, and is offering the chance to bid for an award of up to £5k per year. My daughter got the paperwork, but we were away for the half term break. The deadline for getting it in, including getting an independent reference, is this coming Friday.

It goes on about needing to show excellence in volunteering, leadership, entrepreneurship or exceptional talent in music/arts/sport outside their field of study. The examples they give of the required calibre seem odd - 'Conference organiser fo rthe United nations. Public recognition from Amnesty International and Al Gore for exceptional leadership....'

It feels to me that it might be best to forget the whole thing and concentrate on getting decent A level results, and picking the course/uni you want, rather than chasing £5k.

I wondered if anyone else had got one of these and what they thought?
Its offered to everyone I presume, I received it shortly after my offer but I haven't really taken much notice nor will I be applying for it
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Latest

Trending

Trending