Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I've got a skirt from Topshop, it's kind of a dark teal colour,so green, almost black...it's one of those russian style skirts, past the knees.....I had a dilemma about what sort of top to wear it with tho..colours etc...
    Wearing it with these shoes..
    So if anyone can come up with any tops that might go that would be much appreciated!

P.s. i would post a pic of the skirt but the Topshop website wont let me save pictures off it
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i'd wear something white with it. like a nice, unusal blouse or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    id go for a simple white top, or a simple top the same colour as the shoes.
    nothing too fancy if the skirt is.

ReputationRep:
    the skirt is quite plain with a belt inbuilt.....but yeah, everyone's said white...i just have a problem with white, as i can never find tops that don't look tacky/see through. I'd quite like a vintage style blouse though..good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    the skirt is quite plain with a belt inbuilt.....but yeah, everyone's said white...i just have a problem with white, as i can never find tops that don't look tacky/see through. I'd quite like a vintage style blouse though..good idea!
    levis red tab have a nice white strappy top

ReputationRep:
    Ooh..cheers!

ReputationRep:
    you could go for either white victoriana blouse (high neck, slight puff sleeves and lace detail) or a white smock type thing. (i just read vogue, they mentioned those types of things )

ReputationRep:
    if the material is at all see-through then you should try and wear a skin coloured bra underneath, otherwise there are some white tops that are not see-through at all, but you have to look for them I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tishysquishy)
    you could go for either white victoriana blouse (high neck, slight puff sleeves and lace detail) or a white smock type thing. (i just read vogue, they mentioned those types of things )
    We've got something just like that in Topshop at the moment!

I work there, so I think I know which skirt you're talking out Fleece, and I reckon Tish's right. The one in Topshop at the moment (or at least in my branch!) is a creamy colour, made of sort of broderie anglaise, with a victoriana style. I was going to buy it to wear with the mini version of the skirt you've got

Also, it might help to look on the Topshop website at the page called 'Admiralty'. You can find it by clicking 'Collections' on the sidebar, then 'Admiralty'. Basically, our clothes are divided into trends, and the skirt you're talking about it part of the Admiralty trend, so it might give you a couple more ideas. It also links you to a page showing clothes in that trend (just click 'Shop Collection').

Ooh, and if you wanted to dress it down, I'd suggest wearing it with a white or black T-shirt with some flip flops or ballet flats. I hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    Yes....omg i love that shirt in topshop! been looking for a vintagey lace blouse for ages...
    Aww thank you so much amie! So much help

ReputationRep:
    Poop..just had a look on the website and couldnt find the blouse that i'd seen in the shop a bit ago. I'm desperate for a slightly puff sleeved, lace blouse

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on the Dorothy Perkins website..they have some Camis, smock tops, and Victorian Blouses which would probably go quite well. Look at the Tops section, and then the Going Out part of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Poop..just had a look on the website and couldnt find the blouse that i'd seen in the shop a bit ago. I'm desperate for a slightly puff sleeved, lace blouse
    That sucks

What I could do for you if you wanted is get the information you'd need to ask your local store to order it in for you? They need something called the 'line number', which is on the label of the top, so when I'm at work tomorrow I could get it for you if you wanted. Then you'd just have to ask your store to use Warehouse Search to order you one

Edit: I forgot to say, if you did get it ordered in, you could order it in a few different sizes, and there's no obligation to buy any of them if you don't like it!

ReputationRep:
    i bought an off white vintage style shirt like youve been describing from, h&m a while ago so you might want to have a nosey in there. plus it was cheap so you can buy lots of tops to wear with your skirt!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Have a look on the Dorothy Perkins website..they have some Camis, smock tops, and Victorian Blouses which would probably go quite well. Look at the Tops section, and then the Going Out part of that
    i have a white crinkle camis, its lovely and slimming and very comfy has adjustable straps, thats from the going out section. I also brought on the same day a white Frill Shell vest top and a white Corsage Cami from the casual section.

Theres a top i really like in the casual section is a White Embroidered Top with puffy sholders, but i aint got around to buying it ive brought so many clothes there coming out of my ear.

ReputationRep:
    you sound just like me hee hee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    That sucks

What I could do for you if you wanted is get the information you'd need to ask your local store to order it in for you? They need something called the 'line number', which is on the label of the top, so when I'm at work tomorrow I could get it for you if you wanted. Then you'd just have to ask your store to use Warehouse Search to order you one

Edit: I forgot to say, if you did get it ordered in, you could order it in a few different sizes, and there's no obligation to buy any of them if you don't like it!
    Ooooh amie you little star! that would be amazing There were 2 i saw though so i'm not sure if we're thinking of the same thing or what not..but that would be great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i bought an off white vintage style shirt like youve been describing from, h&m a while ago so you might want to have a nosey in there. plus it was cheap so you can buy lots of tops to wear with your skirt!!!!
    oooh H&M always a good bet - although sometimes i just dont have the patience for the disorganised-ness of it all!

i have a white crinkle camis, its lovely and slimming and very comfy has adjustable straps, thats from the going out section. I also brought on the same day a white Frill Shell vest top and a white Corsage Cami from the casual section.

Theres a top i really like in the casual section is a White Embroidered Top with puffy sholders, but i aint got around to buying it ive brought so many clothes there coming out of my ear.
    Oooh cool! The Dorothy Perkins in my town is proper crap, so i may have to venture to good ole Meadowhall to have a gander..

ReputationRep:
    woo hoo i vitually live at meadowhall, if your going to meadowhall you might as well go to freshmans in sheffield town centre cos they have some really cool vintage clothes that might look cool with your skirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    woo hoo i vitually live at meadowhall, if your going to meadowhall you might as well go to freshmans in sheffield town centre cos they have some really cool vintage clothes that might look cool with your skirt
    Oooh really? I never really venture into sheffield centre (i dont know why seeing as i'm from there originally :0\) but its only 20 mins away so ooooh ideas!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.