The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Axes
Unlike in many places in Europe, yes, they can.

Okey, there's something like 14 mosques in Israel, all of them built in Palestine; by that I mean before 1948 (one of them built by my great grandaddy :proud:), come back and tell me how easy it is to get planning permission to build a mosque somewhere pretty in the German Colony, Jerusalem, please :smile:
Because God save the queen = the yearning of anglo saxon English people for their land. :curious:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Because God save the queen = the yearning of anglo saxon English people for their land.

I'm not complaining about either. As an atheist, the anthem does not bother me here in Britain - I simply don't sing it. Why can't Arab Israelis do the same?
Reply 43
Bubbles*de*Milo
Does the Canadian national anthem have anything about the yearning for a white anglo-saxon Canada, the white anglo-saxon spirit and the white anglo-saxon heart?

O Canada!
Our home and native land! :confused:
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God :eek3: keep our land glorious and free!

Reply 44
Bubbles*de*Milo
Okey, there's something like 14 mosques in Israel, all of them built in Palestine; by that I mean before 1948 (one of them built by my great grandaddy :proud:), come back and tell me how easy it is to get planning permission to build a mosque somewhere pretty in the German Colony, Jerusalem, please :smile:

Which is more mosques per population than in the Palestinian territories, despite the number of muslims in Israel proper being roughly 1/3rd of that of the WB and Gaza. Muslims allso have unique authority and autonomy over their holy sites inside Israel proper, so yes, it does tell you something :wink:. Oh, and a mosque is being built in the hebrew university as we speak.
Reply 45
Straightpath
No I meant binding, hence why I said 60 and not 'hundreds'

There are no 60 'binding' resolutions regarding Israel, not even close.

Latest

Trending

Trending